The Tax Treatment of Non-Renewable Resource Exploration Expenditures in Canada: A Historical Review and a Way Forward
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Glenn Jenkins, 1990. "Tax Shelter Finance: How Efficient Is It?," Development Discussion Papers 1990-02, JDI Executive Programs.
- Vijay Jog, 2016. "Rates of Return on Flow-Through Shares: Investors and Governments Beware," SPP Research Papers, The School of Public Policy, University of Calgary, vol. 9(4), February.
- Kenneth J. McKenzie & Jack M. Mintz, 2011. "The Tricky Art of Measuring Fossil Fuel Subsidies: A Critique of Existing Studies," SPP Research Papers, The School of Public Policy, University of Calgary, vol. 4(14), September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- McKitrick, Ross, 2017. "Global energy subsidies: An analytical taxonomy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 379-385.
- Radoslaw (Radek) Stefanski, 2016. "Into the Mire: A Closer Look at Fossil Fuel Subsides," SPP Research Papers, The School of Public Policy, University of Calgary, vol. 9(10), March.
- Glenn Jenkins & RANJIT LAMECH, 1994. "Green Taxes And Incentive Policies: An International Perspective," Development Discussion Papers 1994-02, JDI Executive Programs.
- Alan Gelb & Kai Kaiser & Lorena ViÃ±uela, 2012. "How Much Does Natural Resource Extraction Really Diminish National Wealth? The Implications of Discovery," Working Papers id:4874, eSocialSciences.
More about this item
KeywordsCanadian Exploration Expenses; Canadian Development Expenses; Flow-through shares; tax deductibility; non-renewable resources expenses;
All these keywords.
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- Q38 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy (includes OPEC Policy)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:96912. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.