Towards an explanation of inequality in pre-modern societies:the role of colonies and high population density
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Esteban A. Nicolini & Fernando Ramos Palencia, 2016. "Decomposing income inequality in a backward pre-industrial economy: Old Castile (Spain) in the middle of the eighteenth century," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 69(3), pages 747-772, August.
- Wouter Ryckbosch, 2014. "Economic inequality and growth before the industrial revolution: A case study of the Low Countries (14th-19th centuries)," Working Papers 067, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
- Peter H. Lindert & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2016. "Unequal Gains: American Growth and Inequality since 1700," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 10670.
- Jørgen Modalsli, 2015. "Inequality in the very long run: inferring inequality from data on social groups," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 13(2), pages 225-247, June.
- Alfani, Guido, 2015.
"Economic Inequality in Northwestern Italy: A Long-Term View (Fourteenth to Eighteenth Centuries),"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 75(04), pages 1058-1096, December.
- Guido Alfani, 2014. "Economic inequality in northwestern Italy: A long-term view (fourteenth to eighteenth centuries)," Working Papers 061, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
- Willebald Remedios, Henry Francisco & Rodríguez, Javier & Castelnovo, Cecilia & Bértola, Luis, 2008. "Income distribution in the Latin American Southern Cone during the first globalization boom, ca: 1870-1920," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp08-05, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- J. L. Van Zanden, 1995. "Tracing the beginning of the Kuznets curve: western Europe during the early modern period," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 48(4), pages 643-664, November.
- Guido Alfani & Francesco Ammannati, 2014. "Economic inequality and poverty in the very long run: The case of the Florentine State," Working Papers 070, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- On Social Tables, Inequality and Pre-Industrial Societies
by bbatiz in NEP-HIS blog on 2017-01-24 15:44:12
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guido Alfani & Federico Tadei, 2017.
"Income Inequality in Colonial Africa: Building Social Tables for Pre-Independence Central African Republic, Ivory Coast, and Senegal,"
594, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Alfani, Guido & Tadei, Federico, 2017. "Income Inequality In Colonial Africa: Building Social Tables For Pre-Independence Central African Republic, Ivory Coast And Senegal," African Economic History Working Paper 33/2017, African Economic History Network.
More about this item
KeywordsInequality; inequality extraction ratio; pre modern;
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- N0 - Economic History - - General
- N3 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-11-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-GRO-2016-11-13 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-HIS-2016-11-13 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:74877. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .