National minorities: levels of educational analysis
The issue of national minorities is, in the process of European construction, one of the most important aspects that European countries have had to manage. The European legislation and practice promote the idea of living together in the sense of social value consisting in accepting otherness, good understanding of the various ethnic groups within the same local communities and openness to communication and cooperation. The European education should not be directed exclusively to knowing the minority communities, but also to understanding the mechanisms of management and development of partnership relations between the minority and the majority. The complexity of education concerning national minorities is given by the need for multiple approaches on different levels and with various depths of analysis that require interdisciplinary conceptual and methodological references. Thus the diachronic analysis of demographic realities is combined with the analysis regarding legislative, administrative-political, cultural-educational, social-economic, linguistic issues, all filtered by European values, framework and national or European framework. In terms of education for and about minorities there is a need to develop a legal and institutional framework to enable and to promote an intercultural education system. National minorities should not only be able to express themselves freely and without any restrictions from the majority by adequate education, but their specific characteristics and particularities should be included in school curricula of the majority.
|Date of creation:||2014|
|Date of revision:||2014|
|Publication status:||Published in Vasile Cucerescu, Enrique Banus, Iordan Gheorghe Barbulescu, Ioan Horga (coord.), Ghidul Uniunii Europene în şcoală între educaţia formală şi neformală, Chisinau (2014): pp. 52-71|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brie, Mircea, 2010. "European Culture between Diversity and Unity," MPRA Paper 44083, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Brie, Mircea & Horga, Ioan, 2009. "The european union external border. an epistemological approach," MPRA Paper 44173, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Brie, Mircea, 2009.
"Căsătoria în nord-vestul Transilvaniei (a doua jumătate a secolului XIX - începutul secolului XX). Condiţionări exterioare şi strategii maritale
[Marriage in North-Western Transylvania (2nd Half of," MPRA Paper 44012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Horga, Ioan & Brie, Mircea, 2010. "Europe: A Cultural Border, or a Geo-cultural Archipelago," MPRA Paper 44120, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 1010.
- Brie, Mircea, 2011. "Ethnicity, Religion and Intercultural Dialogue in the European Border Space," MPRA Paper 44087, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Brie, Mircea & Horga, Ioan & Şipoş, Sorin, 2011. "Ethnicity, Confession and Intercultural Dialogue at the European Union’s East Border," MPRA Paper 44082, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Brie, Mircea & Şipoş, Sorin & Horga, Ioan, 2011. "Ethno-Confessional Realities in the Romanian Area: Historical Perspectives (XVIII-XX centuries)," MPRA Paper 44026, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:62422. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.