A new approach for β-convergence estimation in Italy
In this paper we test the presence of β-convergence among Italian regions, in the period 1980-2003, in presence of a trend break in the series following a new approach (Vogelsang and Tomljanovich, 2002). The break year is considered either known (1992) and endogenously estimated from the data. When we consider a known trend break date model the results evidence the presence of a convergence process for most of the Italian regions in the considered period. The outcome relative to the unknown break date model, on the contrary, strongly depend on the econometric model used to estimate the β-convergence.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Faini, Riccardo, 1983. "Cumulative processes of de-industrialisation in an open region : The case of Southern Italy, 1951-1973," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 277-301, June.
- Mario Forni & Sergio Paba, 2000. "The Sources of Local Growth: Evidence from Italy," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 59(1), pages 1-49, April.
- A. Di Liberto & J. Symons, 1998. "Human capital stocks and the development of Italian regions. A panel approach," Working Paper CRENoS 199804, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Lodde, Sergio, 1999. "Education and growth; some disaggregated evidence from the Italian regions," ERSA conference papers ersa99pa117, European Regional Science Association.
- Timothy J. Vogelsang, 1998. "Trend Function Hypothesis Testing in the Presence of Serial Correlation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(1), pages 123-148, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5643. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.