A Multi-sectorial Assessment of the Static Harrod Foreign Trade Multiplier
With this inquiry we seek to develop a multi-sectorial version of the static Harrod foreign trade multiplier, by showing that indeed it can be derived from an extended version of the Pasinettian model of structural change to international trade. This new version highlights the connections between balance of payment and the level of employment and production. It is also shown that departing from this disaggregated version of the Harrod foreign multiplier we can arrive at the aggregated version thus proving the consistency of our analysis. By following this approach we go a step further in establishing the connections between the Structural Economic Dynamic and Balance-of-Payments Constrained Growth approaches.
|Date of creation:||14 Jan 2014|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ricardo Azevedo Araujo & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2006.
"A Structural Economic Dynamics Approach To Balance-Of-Payments-Constrained Growth,"
Anais do XXXIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 34th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
119, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Ricardo Azevedo Araujo & Gilberto Tadeu Lima, 2007. "A structural economic dynamics approach to balance-of-payments-constrained growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(5), pages 755-774, September.
- McMillan, Margaret & Rodrik, Dani, 2012.
"Globalization, structural change, and productivity growth:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1160, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Margaret S. McMillan & Dani Rodrik, 2011. "Globalization, Structural Change and Productivity Growth," NBER Working Papers 17143, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dixon, R & Thirlwall, A P, 1975. "A Model of Regional Growth-Rate Differences on Kaldorian Lines," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(2), pages 201-14, July.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979.
"The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences,"
BNL Quarterly Review,
Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 429-438.
- Anthony Philip Thirlwall, 1979. "The Balance of Payments Constraint as an Explanation of International Growth Rate Differences," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 32(128), pages 45-53.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2013. "Economic Growth in an Open Developing Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15208, April.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 1983. "A Plain Man's Guide to Kaldor's Growth Laws," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 5(3), pages 345-358, April.
- Araujo, Ricardo & Trigg, Andrew, 2013.
"A Neo-Kaldorian Approach to Structural Economic Dynamics,"
49758, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo & Trigg, Andrew B., 2015. "A neo-Kaldorian approach to structural economic dynamics," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 25-36.
- Araujo, Ricardo & Trigg, Andrew, 2013. "A Neo-Kaldorian Approach to Structural Economic Dynamics," MPRA Paper 50370, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Araujo, Ricardo Azevedo, 2013.
"Cumulative causation in a structural economic dynamic approach to economic growth and uneven development,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 130-140.
- Araujo, Ricardo, 2011. "Cumulative Causation in a Structural Economic Dynamic Approach to Economic Growth and Uneven Development," MPRA Paper 29960, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrew Trigg & Frederic Lee, 2005. "Pasinetti, Keynes and the multiplier," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 29-43.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:53242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.