İşletme Kuluçkaları ve Bölgesel Kalkınma: Kavramsal Çerçeve ve Literatür Bulguları
[Business Incubators and Regional Development: Conceptual Framework and Findings from the Literature]
There are many support mechanisms for supporting newly established firms. Business incubators, one of them, are generally focused on supporting and promoting entrepreneurship, increasing employment through creating new job opportunities, enhancing local, regional and national R&D and innovativeness. The term of “incubator” is used to define supporting institutions to growth and survival of new firms. Business incubators are becoming a basic component of regional and national economic development strategies in many countries. In this study, the importance of business incubators in terms of local and regional economic development is discussed. Firstly, the concept of “business incubator” will be examined in terms of theoretical and conceptual perspective. Secondly, the importance of business incubators for regional development will be mentioned. Then, some recommendations based on the findings of the literature will be presented for using business incubators as a tool for regional development.
|Date of creation:||09 May 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Slavo Radosevic & Marat Myrzakhmet, 2006. "Between Vision And Reality: Promoting Innovation Through Technoparks In Kazakhstan," Working Papers 66, CENTRE FOR THE STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL CHANGE IN EUROPE,School of Slavonic and East European Studies,University College London (SSEES,UCL).
- Rudy Aernoudt, 2004. "Incubators: Tool for Entrepreneurship?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 127-135, 09.
- Junbo Yu & Mark Middleton & Randall Jackson, 2010. "Geography of Business Incubator Formation in the United States," Working Papers Working Paper 2010-10, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Thierstein, Alain & Wilhelm, Beate, 1999.
"Incubator, technology and innovation centers in Switzerland; features and policy implications,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa99pa385, European Regional Science Association.
- Alain Thierstein & Beate Willhelm, 2001. "Incubator, technology, and innovation centres in Switzerland: features and policy implications," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 315-331, October.
- Phan, Phillip H. & Siegel, Donald S. & Wright, Mike, 2005. "Science parks and incubators: observations, synthesis and future research," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-182, March.
- Rice, Mark P., 2002. "Co-production of business assistance in business incubators: an exploratory study," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 163-187, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:51833. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.