Benoit Mandelbrot (1924 - 2010): A Greek among Romans
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Fernando Estrada, 2011. "Benoit Mandelbrot (1924-2010): a Greek among Romans," History of Economic Ideas, Fabrizio Serra Editore, Pisa - Roma, vol. 19(1), pages 9-16.
- Estrada, Fernando, 2010. "Benoit Mandelbrot 1924 -2010: A Greek among Romans," MPRA Paper 25946, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benoit B. Mandelbrot, 2005. "Parallel cartoons of fractal models of finance," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 179-192, October.
More about this item
KeywordsMandelbrot; Fractals; Finance; Financial Markets; Epistemology; Thomas Kuhn.;
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
- B0 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - General
- B4 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology
- C70 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - General
- C7 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- B16 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Quantitative and Mathematical
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-2011-03-12 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2011-03-12 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:29137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .