Local Loop Unbundling in Europe: Experience, Prospects and Policy Challenges
This paper discusses the development of local loop unbundling in telecommunications markets throughout the European Union. It elaborates on the regulatory framework in Europe and provides an overview of recent experiences in Europe. Different types of unbundling, allowing for different types of entry and services provided by entrants, are discussed. This paper also explores the challenges for policy and regulation that arise because of unbundling and recent, related technological developments in the markets for fixed voice telephony and broadband internet access, particularly the emergence of packet-switched telephony such as VoIP.
|Date of creation:||Mar 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- C. Doyle, 2000. "Local loop unbundling and regulatory risk," Competition and Regulation in Network Industries, Intersentia, vol. 1(1), pages 33-55, September.
- M. Bourreau & P. Dogan, .
"Unbundling the Local Loop,"
33648, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- de Bijl, P.W.J. & Peitz, M., 2004.
"Dynamic Regulation and Entry in Telecommunications Markets : A Policy Framework,"
2004-010, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- de Bijl, Paul W. J. & Peitz, Martin, 2004. "Dynamic regulation and entry in telecommunications markets: a policy framework," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 411-437, September.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521066631 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:2511. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.