Ausgabenanalysen für Deutschland und Niedersachsen – Berechnungsergebnisse auf Basis der Einkommens‐ und Verbrauchsstichprobe 2003
[Analysis of expenditures for Germany and Lower Saxony - Empirical results on the Basis of the Income and Expenditure Survey 2003]
The study focuses on the usage of income in Germany as well as in Lower Saxony. Concretely, the material situation of the German and the Lower Saxonian persons in the household context and their willingness for expenditures are stated. As database the scientific use file of the Income and Expenditure Survey (Einkommens- und Verbrauchsstichprobe, EVS) 2003 is used. In detail, calculations especially concerning the item “living” are made. Furthermore, income and price elasticities are computed in order to find out (with respect to the elasticity of demand behavior) whether there are remarkable differences between Germany as a whole and Lower Saxony. In the empirical part of the study we found commonalities but also some differences between both regional units. Examples for differences are the higher proportions of ownership, higher average and marginal consumption rates, and lower “minimum expenditures” in Lower Saxony than in Germany as a whole. These results are coherent with the higher demand elasticities in Lower Saxony compared to Germany as a whole. Such divergencies were also revealed in the following socio-demographic differentiations: age of the household’s head, age of all household members, sex of the household’s head, nationality of the household’s head, household type, and household size, although they have been statistically not significant frequently.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Merz, Joachim & Hanglberger, Dominik & Rucha, Rafael, 2009.
"The Timing of Daily Demand for Goods and Services – Multivariate Probit Estimates and Microsimulation Results for an Aged Population with German Time Use Diary Data,"
16303, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Joachim Merz & Dominik Hanglberger & Rafael Rucha, 2009. "The Timing of Daily Demand for Goods and Services – Multivariate Probit Estimates and Microsimulation Results for an Aged Population with German Time Use Diary Data," FFB-Discussionpaper 77, Research Institute on Professions (Forschungsinstitut Freie Berufe (FFB)), LEUPHANA University Lüneburg.
- Bögenhold, Dieter & Fachinger, Uwe, 2000. "The social embeddedness of consumption - towards the relationship of income and expenditures over time in Germany," Working papers of the ZeS 06/2000, University of Bremen, Centre for Social Policy Research (ZeS).
- Bögenhold, Dieter & Fachinger, Uwe, 2000. "The Social Embeddedness of Consumption: Towards the Relationship of Income and Expenditures over Time in Germany," MPRA Paper 1128, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Merz, Joachim & Faik, Jürgen, 1994. "Equivalence Scales Based on Revealed Preference Consumption Expenditure Microdata - The Case of West Germany," MPRA Paper 16297, University Library of Munich, Germany. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:23269. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.