Note on generated choice and axioms of revealed preference
In this article, we study the axiomatic foundations of revealed preference theory. Let P denote the strict and R the weak revealed preference, respectively. The purpose of the paper is to show that weak, strong, and Hansson's axioms of revealed preference can be given as identities using the generated choices with respect to P and R in terms of maximality and in terms of greatestness.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:||01 Feb 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in Central Europen Journal of Operations Research 1.8(2000): pp. 57-62|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sen, Amartya K, 1971. "Choice Functions and Revealed Preference," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(115), pages 307-17, July.
- Clark, Stephen A, 1985. "A Complementary Approach to the Strong and Weak Axioms of Revealed Preference," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1459-63, November.
- Duggan, John, 1999. "A General Extension Theorem for Binary Relations," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 1-16, May.
- Suzumura, Kotaro, 1976. "Rational Choice and Revealed Preference," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 149-58, February.
- Suzumura, Kotaro, 1977. "Houthakker's axiom in the theory of rational choice," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 284-290, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:20358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.