The Problems of Correlation in the Financial Risk Management – the Contribution of Microfinance
In this paper we first introduce microfinance institutions as an alternative investment instrument. We argue that beside socially responsible features of microfinance, there exists also significant portfolio enhancement opportunity in microfinance investments. Then we provide an overview of possible ways how to evaluate the correlation between microfinance related financial instruments and conventional financial market measures of risk and return.
|Date of creation:||21 Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michal Bauer & Julie Chytilová & Jonathan Morduch, 2008.
"Behavioral Foundations of Microcredit: Experimental and Survey Evidence From Rural India,"
Working Papers IES
2008/28, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Nov 2008.
- Michal Bauer & Julie Chytilova & Jonathan Morduch, 2012. "Behavioral Foundations of Microcredit: Experimental and Survey Evidence from Rural India," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(2), pages 1118-39, April.
- Bauer, Michal & Chytilová, Julie & Morduch, Jonathan, 2010. "Behavioral Foundations of Microcredit: Experimental and Survey Evidence from Rural India," IZA Discussion Papers 4901, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- William F. Sharpe, 1965. "Mutual Fund Performance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39, pages 119.
- Dokulilova, Lenka & Janda, Karel & Zetek, Pavel, 2009.
"Sustainability of microfinance institutions in financial crisis,"
17696, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lenka DOKULILOVÁ & Karel Janda & Pavel ZETEK, 2009. "Sustainability of Microfinance Institutions in Financial Crisis," European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2009(2), pages 7-33.
- Karel Janda & Barbora Svárovská, 2009. "Investing into Microfinance Investment Funds," Working Papers IES 2009/32, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Dec 2009.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19486. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.