La Gestión de Riesgo de Liquidez en Economías Emergentes: Un Modelo Valor-en-Riesgo (VaR) Paramétrico de Calibración Indirecta y una Aplicación al Sistema Financiero Boliviano
[Liquidity Risk Management in Emerging Economies: A Parametric Value-at-Risk (VaR) model with Indirect Calibration and an Application to the Bolivian Financial System]
Time series of obligations with the public are important to liquidity risk management in emerging economies, but a traditional parametric VaR model could give imprecise measures of liquidity risk if the series do not approach a normal (Gaussian) distribution. To overcome this flaw of parametric gaussian VaR models, this study suggest a parametric VaR model with indirect calibration (VaR-i) with a beta-parameter calibrated to be successful in backtesting tests, according to the empirical distribution of the data and not necessarily to the Gaussian distribution.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-70, March.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Sean D. Campbell, 2005. "A review of backtesting and backtesting procedures," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-21, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Engle, Robert F. & Manganelli, Simone, 2001. "Value at risk models in finance," Working Paper Series 0075, European Central Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:14247. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.