Non-Homothetic Preferences and Labor Heterogeneity: The Effects of Income Inequality on Trade Patterns
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Devashish Mitra & Vitor Trindade, 2005. "Inequality and trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1253-1271, November.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1977.
"Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Dixit, Avinash K & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1975. "Monopolistic Competition and Optimum Product Diversity," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 64, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Toru Kikuchi & Koji Shimomura & Dao-Zhi Zeng, 2006. "On the Emergence of Intra-industry Trade," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 87(1), pages 15-28, January.
- Markusen, James R, 1986. "Explaining the Volume of Trade: An Eclectic Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1002-1011, December.
- Spiros Bougheas & Raymond Riezman, 2013.
"Trade and the distribution of human capital,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: International Trade Agreements and Political Economy, chapter 20, pages 395-407
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martine Carré & Alessandro Riboni, 2012. "Unequal societies, Unequal Terms of Trade and Trade Policy," Post-Print hal-01515866, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10331 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIncome inequality; monopolistic competition; non-homothetic preferences; labor heterogeneity;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .