Accounting practices for financial instruments. How far are Portuguese companies from IAS?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sally Aisbitt, 2001. "Measurement of harmony of financial reporting within and between countries: the case of the Nordic countries," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 51-72.
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:2:p:614-622 is not listed on IDEAS
- Williams, S. Mitchell, 2004. "An international investigation of associations between societal variables and the amount of disclosure on information technology and communication problems: The case of Y2K," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 71-92.
- repec:bla:joares:v:22:y:1984:i:1:p:318-331 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keryn G. Chalmers & Jayne M. Godfrey, 2000. "Practice versus Prescription in the Disclosure and Recognition of Derivatives," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 10(21), pages 40-50, July.
- Margaret Woods & David Marginson, 2004. "Accounting for derivatives: An evaluation of reporting practice by UK banks," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 373-390.
- Leandro Canibano & Araceli Mora, 2000. "Evaluating the statistical significance of de facto accounting harmonization: a study of European global players," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 349-369.
- Street, Donna L. & Gray, Sidney J. & Bryant, Stephanie M., 1999. "Acceptance and Observance of International Accounting Standards: An Empirical Study of Companies Claiming to Comply with IASs," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 11-48.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patricia Teixeira Lopes & Rui Couto Viana, 2008. "The transition to IFRS: disclosures by Portuguese listed companies," FEP Working Papers 285, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial instruments accounting; Fair Value; International Accounting; IAS; Portugal;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .