Accounting practices for financial instruments. How far are Portuguese companies from IAS?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sally Aisbitt, 2001. "Measurement of harmony of financial reporting within and between countries: the case of the Nordic countries," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 51-72.
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:2:p:614-622 is not listed on IDEAS
- Williams, S. Mitchell, 2004. "An international investigation of associations between societal variables and the amount of disclosure on information technology and communication problems: The case of Y2K," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 71-92.
- repec:bla:joares:v:22:y:1984:i:1:p:318-331 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keryn G. Chalmers & Jayne M. Godfrey, 2000. "Practice versus Prescription in the Disclosure and Recognition of Derivatives," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 10(21), pages 40-50, July.
- Margaret Woods & David Marginson, 2004. "Accounting for derivatives: An evaluation of reporting practice by UK banks," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 373-390.
- Leandro Canibano & Araceli Mora, 2000. "Evaluating the statistical significance of de facto accounting harmonization: a study of European global players," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 349-369.
- Street, Donna L. & Gray, Sidney J. & Bryant, Stephanie M., 1999. "Acceptance and Observance of International Accounting Standards: An Empirical Study of Companies Claiming to Comply with IASs," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 11-48.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patricia Teixeira Lopes & Rui Couto Viana, 2008. "The transition to IFRS: disclosures by Portuguese listed companies," FEP Working Papers 285, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial instruments accounting; Fair Value; International Accounting; IAS; Portugal;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.