Socio-Economic Effects of International Migration on The Families Left Behind
In this paper, behavioural differentials of members in two categories of households pertaining to labour force participation, schooling of children and consumption patterns are studied. In addition, the attitudinal and personality changes of married females and children are discussed. Furthermore, some clinical evidence on the psychological effects of emigration on wives and children left behind are provided.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||1983|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O.Box 1091, Islamabad-44000|
Web page: http://www.pide.org.pk
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Faiz Bilquees & Shahnaz Hamid, 1981. "Impact of International Migration on Women and Children Left Behind. A Case Study of a Punjabi Village," PIDE-Working Papers 1981:115, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Mohammad Irfan, 1981. "An Introduction to Studies in Population Labour Force and Migration. A PODE/ILO-UNFPA Project," PIDE-Working Papers 1981:118, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Kahn, Mohammed Ali & Sirageldin, Ismail, 1979. "Education, Income, and Fertility in Pakistan," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(3), pages 519-47, April.
- Mohammad, Irfan & Demery, Lionel & Ghulam Mohammad, Arif & Farooqui, Furqan Ahmad & Tariq, Javed & Haq, Rashida & Khan, Ghani, 1983.
"Migration Patterns in Pakistan: Preliminary Results from the PLM Survey, 1979,"
39606, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mohammad Irfan & Lionel Demery & Ghulam Mohammad Arif, 1983. "Migration Patterns in Pakistan: Preliminary Results from the PLM survey, 1979," PLM Project Reports 1983:6, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:plmrep:1983:7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.