The Philippine Industrial Sector: Policies, Programs and Performance
Shortly after the assumption of President Aquino to the office, the government has instituted a wide-ranging set of sociopolitical and economic reforms. This paper evaluates the ongoing program of industrial restructuring and development in the Philippines. Preliminary to its purpose, it reviews the major developments during the 1970s and 1980s. The discussion of the performance of the industry as well as changes in the industrial structure serves as the point of departure for the subsequent assessment of trade and industrial policy reforms and programs.
|Date of creation:||1990|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: NEDA sa Makati Building, 106 Amorsolo St., Legaspi Village, Makati City,|
Web page: http://www.pids.gov.ph/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Herrin, Alejandro N. & Pernia, Ernesto M., 1987.
"Factors Affecting the Choice of Location: A Survey of Foreign and Local Firms in the Philippines,"
Philippine Journal of Development
JPD 1987 Vol. XIV No. 1-e, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Herrin, Alejandro N. & Pernia, Ernesto M., 1986. "Factors Affecting the Choice of Location: A Survey of Foreign and Local Firms in the Philippines," Working Papers WP 1986-03, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Remolona, Eli M. & Mangahas, Mahar & Pante, Filologo Jr., 1986. "Foreign debt, balance of payments, and the economic crisis of the Philippines in 1983-1984," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 993-1018, August.
- Lamberte, Mario B. & Yap, Josef T. & Medalla, Erlinda M. & Manasan, Rosario G. & Untalan, Teodoro S., 1989. "A Study of the Export Financing System in the Philippines," Working Papers WP 1989-12, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Manasan, Rosario G., 1988. "A Review of Investment Incentives in ASEAN Countries," Working Papers WP 1988-27, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:phd:wpaper:wp_1990-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aniceto Orbeta)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.