'De-industrialisation' and colonial rule: The cotton textile industry in Indonesia, 1820-1941
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-Pascal Bassino & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2015.
"From Commodity Booms to Economic Miracles: Why Southeast Asian Industry Lagged Behind,"
UP School of Economics Discussion Papers
201507, University of the Philippines School of Economics.
- Bassino, Jean-Pascal & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 2015. "From Commodity Booms to Economic Miracles: Why Southeast Asian Industry Lagged Behind," CEPR Discussion Papers 10611, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Williamson, Jeffrey G, 2013. "The Commodity Export, Growth, and Distribution Connection in Southeast Asia 1500-1940," CEPR Discussion Papers 9364, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsCotton textiles; manufacturing; Indonesia; trade policy; technological change;
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- L67 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Other Consumer Nondurables: Clothing, Textiles, Shoes, and Leather Goods; Household Goods; Sports Equipment
- N65 - Economic History - - Manufacturing and Construction - - - Asia including Middle East
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2007-06-11 (Development)
- NEP-HIS-2007-06-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-SEA-2007-06-11 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pas:papers:2007-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Zec) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.