Auctioning Wind Power Sites when Environmental Quality Matters
In this work we frame within auction theory an index that allows to order different projects for the construction of onshore wind energy plants and that explicitly takes into account their environmental quality. Wind farm projects are defined as vectors of attributes, encompassed in four categories: the technical properties of each project; its social impact; its environmental impact and the share of earnings that proponents offer to the collectivity in compensation for the negative externalities of the wind plant. We define an absolute index that allows to order different proposals and evaluate the acceptability of each project, providing the monetary value of each point and inducing a truthful revelation of firms' private information. Moreover, we calibrate the index, on the basis of a representative project and derive the corresponding iso-scoring curves.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 +49 8274210
Fax: +39 +49 827.4211
Web page: http://www.decon.unipd.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cason, Timothy N. & Gangadharan, Lata & Duke, Charlotte, 2003. "A laboratory study of auctions for reducing non-point source pollution," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 446-471, November.
- Asker, John & Cantillon, Estelle, 2005. "Optimal Procurement When Both Price and Quality Matter," CEPR Discussion Papers 5276, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Florence Naegelen, 2002. "original papers : Implementing optimal procurement auctions with exogenous quality," Review of Economic Design, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 135-153.
- Nicola Doni, 2006. "The Importance Of Reputation In Awarding Public Contracts," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 77(4), pages 401-429, December.
- repec:att:wimass:9123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yeon-Koo Che, 1993.
"Design Competition through Multidimensional Auctions,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(4), pages 668-680, Winter.
- Berardino Cesi & Gian Luigi Albano, 2008. "Past Performance Evaluation in Repeated Procurement: A Simple Model of Handicapping," Working Papers 2008.19, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chan, Chris & Laplagne, Patrick & Appels, David, 2003.
"The Role of Auctions in Allocating Public Resources,"
Staff Research Papers
31916, Productivity Commission.
- Chris Chan & Patrick Laplagne & David Appels, 2003. "The Role of Auctions in Allocating Public Resources," Microeconomics 0304007, EconWPA.
- Ladenburg, Jacob & Dubgaard, Alex, 2007. "Willingness to pay for reduced visual disamenities from offshore wind farms in Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4059-4071, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pad:wpaper:0081. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raffaele Dei Campielisi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.