The Best versus the Rest: The Global Productivity Slowdown, Divergence across Firms and the Role of Public Policy
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rauf Gönenç & Béatrice Guérard, 2017. "Austria’s digital transition: The diffusion challenge," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1430, OECD Publishing.
- Dan Andrews & Filippos Petroulakis, 2017.
"Breaking the Shackles: Zombie Firms, Weak Banks and Depressed Restructuring in Europe,"
OECD Economics Department Working Papers
1433, OECD Publishing.
- Andrews, Dan & Petroulakis, Filippos, 2019. "Breaking the shackles: Zombie firms, weak banks and depressed restructuring in Europe," Working Paper Series 2240, European Central Bank.
- Albert Bravo-Biosca, 2020.
"Experimental Innovation Policy,"
Innovation Policy and the Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(1), pages 191-232.
- Albert Bravo-Biosca, 2019. "Experimental Innovation Policy," SPRU Working Paper Series 2019-19, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Albert Bravo-Biosca, 2019. "Experimental Innovation Policy," NBER Working Papers 26273, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lin William Cong & Zhiguo He & Jiasun Li, 2019. "Decentralized Mining in Centralized Pools," NBER Working Papers 25592, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jürgen Janger & Agnes Kügler, 2018. "Innovationseffizienz. Österreich im internationalen Vergleich," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 61111, 06-2020.
- AndrÃ©s RodrÃguez-Pose & Roberto Ganau, 2019. "Institutions and the Productivity Challenge for European Regions," European Economy - Discussion Papers 2015 - 116, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Ana Fontoura Gouveia & Christian Osterhold, 2018. "Fear the walking dead: zombie firms, spillovers and exit barriers," Working Papers w201811, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- de Ridder, Maarten, 2019.
"Market power and innovation in the intangible economy,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
100946, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Maarten de Ridder, 2019. "Market Power and Innovation in the Intangible Economy," Discussion Papers 1907, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- De Ridder, M., 2019. "Market Power and Innovation in the Intangible Economy," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1931, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Müge Adalet McGowan & Dan Andrews & Valentine Millot & Thorsten BeckManaging Editor, 2018.
"The walking dead? Zombie firms and productivity performance in OECD countries,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 33(96), pages 685-736.
- Müge Adalet McGowan & Dan Andrews & Valentine Millot, 2017. "The Walking Dead?: Zombie Firms and Productivity Performance in OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1372, OECD Publishing.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Daniel Rock & Chad Syverson, 2018.
"Artificial Intelligence and the Modern Productivity Paradox: A Clash of Expectations and Statistics,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Artificial Intelligence: An Agenda, pages 23-57,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Daniel Rock & Chad Syverson, 2017. "Artificial Intelligence and the Modern Productivity Paradox: A Clash of Expectations and Statistics," NBER Working Papers 24001, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giuseppe Berlingieri & Patrick Blanchenay & Chiara Criscuolo, 2017.
"The Great Divergence(s),"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1488, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Berlingieri, Giuseppe & Blanchenay, Patrick & Criscuolo, Chiara, 2017. "The great divergence(s)," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 83625, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Giuseppe Berlingieri & Patrick Blanchenay & Chiara Criscuolo, 2017. "The great divergence(s)," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Policy Papers 39, OECD Publishing.
- Emmanuel Dhyne & Cedric Duprez, 2017. "It’s a Small, Small World... A Guided Tour of the Belgian Production Network," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 32, pages 84-96, Spring.
- Ricardo Pinheiro Alves, 2017. "Portugal: a Paradox in Productivity," GEE Papers 0070, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Jun 2017.
- Naudé, Wim, 2020. "From the Entrepreneurial to the Ossified Economy: Evidence, Explanations and a New Perspective," GLO Discussion Paper Series 539, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Evguenia Bessonova & Anna Tsvetkova, 2019. "Productivity convergence trends within Russian industries: firm-level evidence," Bank of Russia Working Paper Series wps51, Bank of Russia.
- Jonathan Cribb & Helen Miller & Thomas Pope & Jonathan Cribb, 2019. "Who are business owners and what are they doing?," Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE) Discussion Papers ESCoE DP-2019-12, Economic Statistics Centre of Excellence (ESCoE).
- E. Dhyne & C. Duprez, 2017. "The world is a village… The integration of Belgian firms into the world economy," Economic Review, National Bank of Belgium, issue ii, pages 25-36, september.
- Alexander Schiersch & Caroline Stiel, 2020. "Testing the Superstar Firm Hypothesis," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1849, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Evguenia Bessonova, 2019. "Firms' Efficiency, Exits and Government procurement contracts," Bank of Russia Working Paper Series wps49, Bank of Russia.
- Oliver Kovacs, 2019. "Big IFs in Productivity-Enhancing Industry 4.0," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(2), pages 1-17, January.
- Rückert, Désirée & Veugelers, Reinhilde & Weiss, Christoph, 2020.
"The growing digital divide in Europe and the United States,"
EIB Working Papers
2020/07, European Investment Bank (EIB).
- Désirée Rückert & Reinhilde Veugelers & Christoph Weiss, 2020. "The growing digital divide in Europe and the United States," Working Papers of Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven 654659, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven.
- Jaan Masso & Jaanika Meriküll & Priit Vahter, 2020. "The Role Of Firms In The Gender Wage Gap," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 120, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Wim Naudé & Paula Nagler, 2018. "Technological Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Productivity in Germany, 1871-2015," SPRU Working Paper Series 2018-02, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Naudé, Wim, 2019. "The decline in entrepreneurship in the West: Is complexity ossifying the economy?," MERIT Working Papers 2019-030, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Viktor Dementiev, 2019. "Productivity Paradox in Regional Dimension," Economy of region, Centre for Economic Security, Institute of Economics of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, vol. 1(1), pages 43-56.
More about this item
Keywordsfirm dynamics; knowledge diffusion; productivity; regulation; technological change;
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
- O30 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2016-12-04 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2016-12-04 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENT-2016-12-04 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2016-12-04 (Innovation)
- NEP-TID-2016-12-04 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:ecoaac:5-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edoecfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.