Fast-Falling Barriers and Growing Concentration: The Emergence of a Private Economy in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alfonso Arpaia & Giuseppe Carone, 2004. "Do labour taxes (and their composition) affect wages in the short and in the long run?," Public Economics 0411004, EconWPA.
- Isabelle Joumard, 2003. "Tax systems in European Union countries," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2002(1), pages 91-151.
- Kwang-Yeol Yoo, 2003. "Corporate Taxation of Foreign Direct Investment Income 1991-2001," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 365, OECD Publishing.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, 2000.
"Unemployment, growth and taxation in industrial countries,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 15(30), pages 47-104, April.
- Francesco Daveri & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," Working Papers 122, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Daveri, Francesco & Tabellini, Guido, 1997. "Unemployment, Growth and Taxation in Industrial Countries," CEPR Discussion Papers 1681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Katrin Millock & Céline Nauges & Thomas Sterner, 2004. "Environmental Taxes: A Comparison of French and Swedish Experience from Taxes on Industrial Air Pollution," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 2(1), pages 30-34, 04.
- Calmfors, L. & Nymoen, R., 1990. "Real Wage Adjustment And Employment Policies In The Nordic Countries," Papers 461, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Laurent Flochel & Thierry Madies, 2002. "Interjurisdictional Tax Competition in a Federal System of Overlapping Revenue Maximizing Governments," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 9(2), pages 121-141, March.
- Alfonso Arpaia & Giuseppe Carone, 2004. "Do labour taxes (and their composition) affect wages in the short and the long run? - Alfonso Arpaia and Giuseppe Carone," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 216, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Ann Vourc'h & Patrick Lenain, 2001. "Comment encourager une croissance écologiquement durable en France ?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 314, OECD Publishing.
- Willi Leibfritz & John Thornton & Alexandra Bibbee, 1997. "Taxation and Economic Performance," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 176, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yasheng Huang, 2012. "How Did China Take Off?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 26(4), pages 147-170, Fall.
- Sai Ding & Alessandra Guariglia & Richard Harris, 2016.
"The determinants of productivity in Chinese large and medium-sized industrial firms, 1998–2007,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, pages 131-155.
- Sai Ding & Alessandra Guariglia & Richard Harris, 2016. "The determinants of productivity in Chinese large and medium-sized industrial firms, 1998–2007," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 131-155, April.
- Sai Ding & Alessandra Guariglia & John Knight, "undated".
"Negative investment in China: financing constraints and restructuring versus growth,"
12/01, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Sai Ding & Alessandra Guariglia & John Knight, 2010. "Negative investment in China: financing constraints and restructuring versus growth," Working Papers 2010_04, Durham University Business School.
- Sai Ding & Alessandra Guariglia & John Knight, 2010. "Negative investment in China: financing constraints and restructuring versus growth," Working Papers 2010_31, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- John Knight & Sai Ding and Alessandra Guariglia, 2010. "Negative investment in China: financing constraints and restructuring versus growth," Economics Series Working Papers 519, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Ding, Sai & Guariglia, Alessandra & Knight, John, 2010. "Negative investment in China: financing constraints and restructuring versus growth," SIRE Discussion Papers 2010-108, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Richard Herd & Sean Dougherty, 2007. "Growth Prospects in China and India Compared," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 4(1), pages 65-89, June.
- Chong-En Bai & Chang-Tai Hsieh & Yingyi Qian, 2006. "The Return to Capital in China," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 37(2), pages 61-102.
- Yasheng Huang & Yi Qian, 2010. "Is Entrepreneurship Missing in Shanghai?," NBER Chapters,in: International Differences in Entrepreneurship, pages 321-346 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Knight & Sai Ding, 2010. "Why Does China Invest So Much?," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 9(3), pages 87-117, Fall.
- Huanhuan ZHENG & Qingyang GU, "undated". "Measuring Inter-Regional Trade Barriers," EcoMod2008 23800159, EcoMod.
- Steven A Barnett & Ray Brooks, 2006. "What’s Driving Investment in China?," IMF Working Papers 06/265, International Monetary Fund.
- Jun Du & Alessandra Guariglia & Alexander Newman, "undated". "Does social capital affect the financing decisions of Chinese small and medium-sized enterprises?," Discussion Papers 10/13, University of Nottingham, GEP.
More about this item
Keywordsconcentration régionale; firm microdata; market economy; micro-données d'entreprise; private sector; productivity; productivité; regional concentration; restructuration; restructuring; secteur privé; transition; transition; économie de marché;
- D4 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- P23 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Factor and Product Markets; Industry Studies; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2006-01-24 (China)
- NEP-COM-2006-01-24 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HIS-2006-01-24 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-SEA-2006-01-24 (South East Asia)
- NEP-TRA-2006-01-24 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oec:ecoaaa:471-en. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edoecfr.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .