Banks' Types of Ownership and Efficiency: Evidence from Indonesia
We examine the relationship between banks' types of ownership and banks' efficiency using Greene's "true" panel data stochastic frontier model. We find that, even after taking unobserved heterogeneity more properly into account, state-owned banks in Indonesia are the least efficient banks and joint-venture banks are the most efficient ones.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +603 8924 8000
Fax: +603 8924 8002
Web page: http://www.nottingham.edu.my/nubs/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rasyad A. Parinduri & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2007.
"The effect of Strategic Sale of Banks : Evidence from Indonesia,"
Development Economics Working Papers
21923, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Parinduri, Rasyad A. & Riyanto, Yohanes E., 2012. "The Impact of the Strategic Sale of Restructured Banks: Evidence from Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 446-457.
- Rasyad A. Parinduri & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2007. "The effect of Strategic Sale of Banks: Evidence from Indonesia," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0709, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Mari Pangestu & Manggi Habir, 2002. "The Boom, Bust and Restructuring of Indonesian Banks," IMF Working Papers 02/66, International Monetary Fund.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680, March.
- Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Lovell, C. A. K. & Sahay, Pankaj, 1997. "The impact of liberalization on the productive efficiency of Indian commercial banks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 332-345, April.
- Georgios E. Chortareas & Jesus G. Garza‐Garcia & Claudia Girardone, 2011.
"Banking Sector Performance in Latin America: Market Power versus Efficiency,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 307-325, 05.
- Georgios E. Chortareas & Jesus G. Garza-Garcia & Claudia Girardone, 2009. "Banking Sector Performance in Latin America: Market Power versus Efficiency," Working Papers 0905, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nom:nubsmc:2009-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rasyad A. Parinduri)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.