Banks' Types of Ownership and Efficiency: Evidence from Indonesia
We examine the relationship between banks' types of ownership and banks' efficiency using Greene's "true" panel data stochastic frontier model. We find that, even after taking unobserved heterogeneity more properly into account, state-owned banks in Indonesia are the least efficient banks and joint-venture banks are the most efficient ones.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Jalan Broga, 43500 Semenyih, Selangor Darul Ehsan|
Phone: +603 8924 8000
Fax: +603 8924 8002
Web page: http://www.nottingham.edu.my/nubs/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Parinduri, Rasyad A. & Riyanto, Yohanes E., 2012.
"The Impact of the Strategic Sale of Restructured Banks: Evidence from Indonesia,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 446-457.
- Rasyad A. Parinduri & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2007. "The effect of Strategic Sale of Banks : Evidence from Indonesia," Development Economics Working Papers 21923, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Rasyad A. Parinduri & Yohanes E. Riyanto, 2007. "The effect of Strategic Sale of Banks: Evidence from Indonesia," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0709, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680, April.
- Bhattacharyya, Arunava & Lovell, C. A. K. & Sahay, Pankaj, 1997. "The impact of liberalization on the productive efficiency of Indian commercial banks," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 332-345, April.
- Mari Pangestu & Manggi Habir, 2002. "The Boom, Bust and Restructuring of Indonesian Banks," IMF Working Papers 02/66, International Monetary Fund.
- Georgios E. Chortareas & Jesus G. Garza‐Garcia & Claudia Girardone, 2011. "Banking Sector Performance in Latin America: Market Power versus Efficiency," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 307-325, 05. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nom:nubsmc:2009-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rasyad A. Parinduri)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.