"Tax Sparing" and Direct Investment in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- James R. Hines Jr., 2000. "Tax Sparing and Direct Investment in Developing Countries," NBER Chapters,in: International Taxation and Multinational Activity, pages 39-72 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harry Grubert & Timothy Goodspeed & Deborah L. Swenson, 1993. "Explaining the Low Taxable Income of Foreign-Controlled Companies in the United States," NBER Chapters,in: Studies in International Taxation, pages 237-276 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kelly D. Edmiston & Shannon Mudd & Neven T. Valev, 2004.
"Incentive Targeting, Influence Peddling, and Foreign Direct Investment,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 11(5), pages 647-660, September.
- Kelly Edmiston & Shannon Mudd & Neven Valev, 2000. "Incentive Targeting, Influence Peddling, and Foreign Direct Investment," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0007, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Michael Keen & David Wildasin, 2004. "Pareto-Efficient International Taxation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(1), pages 259-275, March.
- Hines, James R. Jr., 1999. "The Case Against Deferral: A Deferential Reconsideration," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(3), pages 385-404, September.
- Arjan Lejour, 2014. "The Foreign Investment Effects of Tax Treaties," Working Papers 1403, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Hines, James R. Jr., 1999. "Lessons from Behavioral Responses to International Taxation," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 2), pages 305-22, June.
- Lin, Shuanglin, 2004. "China's capital tax reforms in an open economy," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 128-147, March.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Lopes da Fonseca, Mariana, 2013. "The economics and empirics of tax competition: A survey," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 163, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Michael Keen & David E. Wildasin, 2000. "Pareto Efficiency in International Taxation," CESifo Working Paper Series 371, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hines, James R. Jr., 1999. "The Case against Deferral: A Deferential Reconsideration," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 52(n. 3), pages 385-404, September.
- Zhiyong An, 2012. "Taxation and foreign direct investment (FDI): empirical evidence from a quasi-experiment in China," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 19(5), pages 660-676, October.
- Zee, Howell H. & Stotsky, Janet G. & Ley, Eduardo, 2002. "Tax Incentives for Business Investment: A Primer for Policy Makers in Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1497-1516, September.
More about this item
- H87 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - International Fiscal Issues; International Public Goods
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1998-09-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-1998-09-14 (International Finance)
- NEP-PBE-1998-09-14 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-1998-09-14 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:6728. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .