Low-dimensional decomposition, smoothing and forecasting of sparse functional data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Han Lin Shang & Heather Booth & Rob Hyndman, 2011. "Point and interval forecasts of mortality rates and life expectancy: A comparison of ten principal component methods," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 25(5), pages 173-214, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexander Dokumentov & Rob J. Hyndman, 2015. "STR: A Seasonal-Trend Decomposition Procedure Based on Regression," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 13/15, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
More about this item
KeywordsTikhonov regularisation; Smoothing; Forecasting; Ridge regression; PCA; LASSO; Maximum-margin matrix factorisation; Mortality rates; Sparse longitudinal data;
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2014-06-14 (Econometrics)
- NEP-FOR-2014-06-14 (Forecasting)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:msh:ebswps:2014-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr Xibin Zhang). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dxmonau.html .