Human Capital, Financial Innovations and Growth: A Theoretical Approach
This paper examines the symbiosis between financial development and human capital accumulation in generating endogenous growth. We develop a theoretical model where human capital is a key factor in the creation of financial innovations, resulting in financial development which in turns facilitates the acquisition of new human capital.
|Date of creation:||2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +61 3 8344 5355
Fax: +61 3 8344 6899
Web page: http://fbe.unimelb.edu.au/economics
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Buiter, Willem H. & Kletzer, Kenneth, 1995.
"Capital Mobility, Fiscal Policy and Growth Under Self-Financing of Human Capital Formation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1179, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Willem H. Buiter & Kenneth M. Kletzer, 1995. "Capital Mobility, Fiscal Policy, and Growth under Self-Financing of Human Capital Formation," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(s1), pages 163-94, November.
- Willem H. Buiter & Kenneth M. Kletzer, 1995. "Capital Mobility, Fiscal Policy and Growth under Self-Financing of Human Capital Formation," NBER Working Papers 5120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pagano, Marco, 1993. "Financial markets and growth: An overview," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 613-622, April.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- De Gregorio, Jose, 1996. "Borrowing constraints, human capital accumulation, and growth," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 49-71, February.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S71-102, October.
- Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano, 1994. "Saving, Growth, and Liquidity Constraints," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(1), pages 83-109.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:826. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Katherine Perez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.