The Lens Conditions for factor Price Equalization
Deardorff (1994) provides a condition that is necessary for factor price equalization across countries. That condition is a generalization of "country endowments contained in the diversification cone" from the standard 2x2x2 Hecksher-Ohlin model to the case of many goods, countries and factors. He also shows that this condition is sufficient in the case of two countries, and conjectures that sufficiency might hold in general. In this paper we establish sufficiency in some further cases. However, we show by a counterexample that the sufficiency does not hold in general.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1997|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: ANN ARBOR MICHIGAN 48109|
Phone: (734) 764-3490
Fax: (734) 763-9181
Web page: http://fordschool.umich.edu/rsie/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Deardorff, Alan V., 1994.
"The possibility of factor price equalization, revisited,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1-2), pages 167-175, February.
- Deardorff, A.V., 1991. "The Possibility of Factor Price Equalization, Revisited," Working Papers 277, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.