Communication Matters: U.S. Monetary Policy and Commodity Price Volatility
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Hayo, Bernd & Kutan, Ali M. & Neuenkirch, Matthias, 2012. "Communication matters: US monetary policy and commodity price volatility," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 247-249.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler & Mark Watson, 1997.
"Systematic Monetary Policy and the Effects of Oil Price Shocks,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(1), pages 91-157.
- Bernanke, Ben S. & Gertler, Mark & Waston, Mark, 1997. "Systematic Monetary Policy and the Effects of Oil Price Shocks," Working Papers 97-25, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Robert B. Barsky & Lutz Kilian, 2004. "Oil and the Macroeconomy Since the 1970s," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 115-134, Fall.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bernd Hayo & Ali M. Kutan & Matthias Neuenkirch, 2008. "Financial Market Reaction to Federal Reserve Communications: Does the Crisis Make a Difference?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200808, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Hardouvelis, Gikas A, 1985. "Commodity Prices, Money Surprises and Fed Credibility," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(4), pages 425-438, November.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:agfoec:v:5:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40100-017-0078-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Behmiri, Niaz Bashiri & Manera, Matteo & Nicolini, Marcella, 2016.
"Understanding Dynamic Conditional Correlations between Commodities Futures Markets,"
ESP: Energy Scenarios and Policy
232223, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Niaz Bashiri Behmiri & Matteo Manera & Marcella Nicolini, 2016. "Understanding Dynamic Conditional Correlations between Commodities Futures Markets," Working Papers 2016.17, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Marinella Davide & Paola Vesco, 2016.
"Alternative Approaches for Rating INDCs: a Comparative Analysis,"
2016.18, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Davide, Marinella & Vesco, Paola, 2016. "Alternative Approaches for Rating INDCs: a Comparative Analysis," MITP: Mitigation, Innovation,and Transformation Pathways 232716, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Huchet, Nicolas & Fam, Papa Gueye, 2016. "The role of speculation in international futures markets on commodity prices," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 49-65.
- Sylvester Eijffinger & Ronald Mahieu & Louis Raes, 2017.
"Can the Fed Talk the Hind Legs Off the Stock Market?,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 13(1), pages 53-94, February.
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & Mahieu, Ronald J & Raes, Louis, 2011. "Can the Fed talk the hind legs off the stock market?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8450, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ojogho, Osaihiomwan & Egware, Robert Awotu, 4. "Price Generating Process And Volatility In Nigerian Agricultural Commodities Market," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 3(4).
- Emiliano Magrini & Ayca Donmez, 2013. "Agricultural Commodity Price Volatility and Its Macroeconomic Determinants: A GARCH-MIDAS Approach," JRC Working Papers JRC84138, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:70:y:2018:i:c:p:543-560 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manera, Matteo & Nicolini, Marcella & Vignati, Ilaria, 2016. "Modelling futures price volatility in energy markets: Is there a role for financial speculation?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 220-229.
- Carlo Rosa, 2013. "The high-frequency response of energy prices to monetary policy: understanding the empirical evidence," Staff Reports 598, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Rosa, Carlo, 2014. "The high-frequency response of energy prices to U.S. monetary policy: Understanding the empirical evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 295-303.
More about this item
KeywordsCentral Bank Communication; Commodities; Federal Reserve Bank; Monetary Policy; Price Volatility;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-03-12 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2011-03-12 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-03-12 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mar:magkse:201105. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernd Hayo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.