Household responses to adverse income shocks: Pensioner out-migration and mortality in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vimal Ranchhod, 2009. "Household responses to adverse income shocks: Pensioner out-migration and mortality in South Africa," Working Papers 133, Economic Research Southern Africa.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claudia Sepúlveda & Ann Harrison & Justin Yifu Lin, 2013. "Annual World Bank Conference on Development Economics—Global 2011 : Development Challenges in a Postcrisis World," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 16184.
- Abel, Martin, 2013. "Unintended labour supply effects of cash transfer programmes: Evidence from South Africa's old age pension," SALDRU Working Papers 114, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Leibbrandt, Murray & Lilenstein, Kezia & Shenker, Callie & Woolard, Ingrid, 2013. "The influence of social transfers on labour supply: A South African and international review," SALDRU Working Papers 112, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Rob Davies & James Thurlow, 2010.
"Formal–Informal Economy Linkages And Unemployment In South Africa,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 78(4), pages 437-459, December.
- Davies, Rob & Thurlow, James, 2009. "Formal-informal economy linkages and unemployment in South Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 943, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Abhijit Banerjee & Sebastian Galiani & Jim Levinsohn & Zoë McLaren & Ingrid Woolard, 2008.
"Why has unemployment risen in the New South Africa?,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 16(4), pages 715-740, October.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Sebastian Galiani & Jim Levinsohn & Zoë McLaren & Ingrid Woolard, 2007. "Why Has Unemployment Risen in the New South Africa," NBER Working Papers 13167, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-02-27 (Africa)
- NEP-AGE-2010-02-27 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2010-02-27 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2010-02-27 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2010-02-27 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ldr:wpaper:35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alison Siljeur). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sauctza.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .