Old-Age Support in Developing Countries: Labor Supply, Intergenerational Transfers and Living Arrangements
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Partha Deb & Cagla Okten & Una Osili, 2010.
"Giving to family versus giving to the community within and across generations,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(3), pages 963-987, June.
- Partha Deb & Cagla Okten & Una Okonkwo Osili, 2002. "Giving to Family versus Giving to the Community Within and Across Generations," Economics Working Paper Archive at Hunter College 02/6, Hunter College Department of Economics.
- Eric V. Edmonds & Kristin Mammen & Douglas L. Miller, 2005.
"Rearranging the Family?: Income Support and Elderly Living Arrangements in a Low-Income Country,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(1).
- Eric Edmonds & Kristin Mammen & Douglas L. Miller, 2004. "Rearranging the Family? Income Support and Elderly Living Arrangements in a Low Income Country," NBER Working Papers 10306, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chung Tran, 2008.
"Transfers and Labor Market Behavior of the Elderly in Developing Countries: Theory and Evidence from Vietnam,"
Caepr Working Papers
2008-018, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Juergen Jung & Chung Tran, 2009. "Transfers and Labor Market Behavior of the Elderly in Developing Countries: Theory and Evidence from Vietnam," Working Papers 2009-01, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Oct 2009.
- John Gibson & Susan Olivia & Scott Rozelle, 2011. "How widespread are nonlinear crowding out effects? The response of private transfers to income in four developing countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(27), pages 4053-4068.
- Firman Witoelar, 2005. "Inter-household Allocations within Extended Family: Evidence from the Indonesia Family Life Survey," Working Papers 912, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Ha Trong Nguyen & Amy Y.C. Liu & Alison L. Booth, 2012.
"Monetary Transfers from Children and the Labour Supply of Elderly Parents: Evidence from Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(8), pages 1177-1191, March.
- Nguyen, Trong-Ha & Liu, Amy Y.C. & Booth, Alison L., 2012. "Monetary Transfers from Children and the Labour Supply of Elderly Parents: Evidence from Vietnam," IZA Discussion Papers 6974, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ha Trong Nguyen & Amy Y.C. Liu & Alison L. Booth, 2012. "Monetary transfers from children and the labour supply of elderly parents: evidence from Vietnam," CEPR Discussion Papers 664, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Miguel, Edward A. & Gertler, Paul & Levine, David I., 2003.
"Did Industrialization Destroy Social Capital in Indonesia?,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series
qt9kt2m860, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Edward Miguel & Paul Gertler & David Levine, 2004. "Did Industrialization Destroy Social Capital in Indonesia?," Development and Comp Systems 0407006, EconWPA.
- Schüler, Dana, 2007. "Incentive Effects of Transfers within the Extended Family: The Case of Indonesia," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Göttingen 2007 29, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Barrientos, Armando, 2002. "Comparing Pension Schemes in Chile, Singapore, Brazil and South Africa," General Discussion Papers 30560, University of Manchester, Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM).
- Murrugarra, Edmundo, 2011. "Employability and productivity among older workers : apolicy framework and evidence from Latin America," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 63230, The World Bank.
- Avraham Ebenstein & Steven Leung, 2010. "Son Preference and Access to Social Insurance: Evidence from China's Rural Pension Program," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 36(1), pages 47-70.
- Luigi, Cannnari & Giovanni, D'Alessio, 2008. "Intergenerational Transfers in Italy," MPRA Paper 15111, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsold age support; Intergenerational transfers; elderly labor supply;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.