Water productivity in rain-fed agriculture: challenges and opportunities for smallholder farmers in drought-prone tropical agroecosystems
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zhang, Heping & Oweis, Theib, 1999. "Water-yield relations and optimal irrigation scheduling of wheat in the Mediterranean region," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 195-211, January.
- Klaij, M. C. & Vachaud, G., 1992. "Seasonal water balance of a sandy soil in Niger cropped with pearl millet, based on profile moisture measurements," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 313-330, September.
- Oweis, T. & Hachum, A. & Kijne, J., 1999. "Water harvesting and supplemental irrigation for improved water use efficiency in dry areas," IWMI Books, Reports H024198, International Water Management Institute.
- Anthony Young, 1999. "Is there Really Spare Land? A Critique of Estimates of Available Cultivable Land in Developing Countries," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 3-18, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Molden, David & Oweis, Theib & Steduto, Pasquale & Bindraban, Prem & Hanjra, Munir A. & Kijne, Jacob, 2010. "Improving agricultural water productivity: Between optimism and caution," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(4), pages 528-535, April.
- repec:spr:endesu:v:19:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9863-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Grum, Berhane & Hessel, Rudi & Kessler, Aad & Woldearegay, Kifle & Yazew, Eyasu & Ritsema, Coen & Geissen, Violette, 2016. "A decision support approach for the selection and implementation of water harvesting techniques in arid and semi-arid regions," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 35-47.
- Tsegay, Alemtsehay & Vanuytrecht, Eline & Abrha, Berhanu & Deckers, Jozef & Gebrehiwot, Kindeya & Raes, Dirk, 2015. "Sowing and irrigation strategies for improving rainfed tef (Eragrostis tef (Zucc.) Trotter) production in the water scarce Tigray region, Ethiopia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 81-91.
- Masikati, P. & Manschadi, A. & van Rooyen, A. & Hargreaves, J., 2014. "Maize–mucuna rotation: An alternative technology to improve water productivity in smallholder farming systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 62-70.
- Amrita Chatterjee & Arpita Ghose, 2016. "A dynamic economic model of soil conservation and drought tolerance involving genetically modified crops," Journal of Social and Economic Development, Springer;Institute for Social and Economic Change, vol. 18(1), pages 40-66, October.
- Zoebl, Dirk, 2006. "Is water productivity a useful concept in agricultural water management?," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 84(3), pages 265-273, August.
- Chimonyo, V.G.P. & Modi, A.T. & Mabhaudhi, T., 2016. "Water use and productivity of a sorghum–cowpea–bottle gourd intercrop system," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 82-96.
- Sepaskhah, A.R. & Azizian, A. & Tavakoli, A.R., 2006. "Optimal applied water and nitrogen for winter wheat under variable seasonal rainfall and planning scenarios for consequent crops in a semi-arid region," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 84(1-2), pages 113-122, July.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwt:bosers:h032640. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chandima Gunadasa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iwmiclk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.