Sustainable-settlement criteria, eco-cities and prospects in Central and Eastern Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Camagni, Roberto & Capello, Roberta & Nijkamp, Peter, 1998. "Towards sustainable city policy: an economy-environment technology nexus," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 103-118, January.
- Michael C. Carroll & James Ronald Stanfield, 2001. "Sustainable Regional Economic Development," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 469-476, June.
- Manuel Castells, 2000. "Urban sustainability in the information age," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 118-122, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Daniela Smiraglia & Luca Salvati & Gianluca Egidi & Rosanna Salvia & Antonio Giménez-Morera & Rares Halbac-Cotoara-Zamfir, 2021. "Toward a New Urban Cycle? A Closer Look to Sprawl, Demographic Transitions and the Environment in Europe," Land, MDPI, vol. 10(2), pages 1-14, January.
- Tassilo Herrschel, 2013. "Competitiveness AND Sustainability: Can â€˜Smart City Regionalismâ€™ Square the Circle?," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 50(11), pages 2332-2348, August.
- James Keirstead & Matt Leach, 2008. "Bridging the gaps between theory and practice: a service niche approach to urban sustainability indicators," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(5), pages 329-340.
- Finco, Adele & Nijkamp, Peter, 1999. "Planning for sustainable spatial development : principles and application," Serie Research Memoranda 0030, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Angela Connelly & Jeremy Carter & John Handley & Stephen Hincks, 2018. "Enhancing the Practical Utility of Risk Assessments in Climate Change Adaptation," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(5), pages 1-12, May.
- Abbas Hassan & Hyowon Lee, 2015. "The paradox of the sustainable city: definitions and examples," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 17(6), pages 1267-1285, December.
- Roberta Capello & Roberto Camagni, 2000. "Beyond Optimal City Size: An Evaluation of Alternative Urban Growth Patterns," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 37(9), pages 1479-1496, August.
- Kostas P. Bithas & M. Christofakis, 2006. "Environmentally sustainable cities. Critical review and operational conditions," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 177-189.
- Erik T. Verhoef & Peter Nijkamp, 2000. "Externalities in Urban Sustainability," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-077/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Tan Yigitcanlar & Md. Kamruzzaman, 2015. "Planning, Development and Management of Sustainable Cities: A Commentary from the Guest Editors," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 7(11), pages 1-12, November.
- Mingshun Zhang & Yitong Yang & Chun Xia-Bauer, 2021. "Measuring Urban Low-Carbon Sustainability in Four Chinese Cities," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(21), pages 1-15, November.
- Berumen Sergio A. & Arriaza Ibarra Karen, 2013. "Medición de la intensidad en el uso de las tecnologías de la información y la comunicación en Escandinavia," Contaduría y Administración, Accounting and Management, vol. 58(1), pages 289-306, enero-mar.
- Peter Nijkamp & Galit Cohen-Blankshtain, 2013.
"The Importance of ICT for Cities: e-Governance and Cyber Perceptions,"
Advances in Spatial Science, in: Johan Klaesson & Börje Johansson & Charlie Karlsson (ed.), Metropolitan Regions, edition 127, chapter 0, pages 295-308,
- Nijkamp, P. & Cohen-Blankshtain, G., 2009. "The Importance of ICT for Cities: e-Governance and Cyber Perceptions," Serie Research Memoranda 0005, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Kyungbok Kim & Sang-Myung Lee, 2018. "Does Sustainability Affect Corporate Performance and Economic Development? Evidence from the Asia-Pacific region and North America," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(4), pages 1-18, March.
- Cartone, Alfredo & Díaz-Dapena, Alberto & Langarita, Raquel & Rubiera-Morollón, Fernando, 2021. "Where the city lights shine? Measuring the effect of sprawl on electricity consumption in Spain," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C).
- Sebastien Knockaert & Muriel Maillefert, 2002. "L'Emploi Durable, Un Concept Pertinent A L'Echelon Territorial?," Post-Print hal-02362423, HAL.
- Verhoef, Erik T. & Nijkamp, Peter, 2002. "Externalities in urban sustainability: Environmental versus localization-type agglomeration externalities in a general spatial equilibrium model of a single-sector monocentric industrial city," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 157-179, February.
- Jean Bonnet & Eva Coll-Martínez & Patricia Renou-Maissant, 2021.
"Evaluating Sustainable Development by Composite Index: Evidence from French Departments,"
Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(2), pages 1-23, January.
- Jean Bonnet & Eva Coll-Martínez & Patricia Renou-Maissant, 2021. "Evaluating Sustainable Development by Composite Index: Evidence from French Departments," Post-Print hal-03147434, HAL.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2014.
"An Empirical Survey of the Ramifications of a Green Economy,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation
356, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2014. "An Empirical Survey of the Ramifications of a Green Economy," IZA Discussion Papers 8078, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Dani Broitman & Vladimir Griskin & Daniel Czamanski, 2019. "Unbundling negative and positive externalities of nature in cities: The influence of wild animals on housing prices," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 56(13), pages 2820-2836, October.
More about this item
KeywordsCEE transition countries; social changes; sustainability; eco-city movement; urban life; ecology; environmental changes;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iwe:workpr:145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vkhashu.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Kanász Mária (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vkhashu.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.