Quality Certification Standards in Competitive Markets: When Consumers and Producers (Dis)Agree
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Lapan, Harvey & Moschini, GianCarlo, 2009. "Quality certification standards in competitive markets: When consumers and producers (dis)agree," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 144-147, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Champsaur, Paul & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1989. "Multiproduct Duopolists," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(3), pages 533-557, May.
- Rabah Amir & Isabelle Maret & Michael Troege, 2004.
"On Taxation Pass-Through for a Monopoly Firm,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 75-76, pages 155-172.
- AMIR, Rabah & TROGE, Michael & MARET, Isabelle, 2004. "On taxation pass-through for a monopoly firm," CORE Discussion Papers 2004039, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rabah Amir & Isabelle Maret & Michael Troge, 2004. "On Taxation Pass-Through for a Monopoly Firm," Working Papers of BETA 2004-10, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Moschini, GianCarlo, 2007. "AJAE Appendix: Grading, Minimum Quality Standards, and the Labeling of Genetically Modified Products," American Journal of Agricultural Economics Appendices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(3), August.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1979. "Quacks, Lemons, and Licensing: A Theory of Minimum Quality Standards," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1328-1346, December.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Harvey Lapan & GianCarlo Moschini, 2007.
"Grading, Minimum Quality Standards, and the Labeling of Genetically Modified Products,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(3), pages 769-783.
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Moschini, GianCarlo, 2006. "Grading, Minimum Quality Standards, and the Labeling of Genetically Modified Products," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12553, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Uri Ronnen, 1991. "Minimum Quality Standards, Fixed Costs, and Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(4), pages 490-504, Winter.
- Tim Baldenius & Stefan Reichelstein, 2000. "Comparative statics of monopoly pricing," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 16(2), pages 465-469.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Olivier Bonroy & Christos Constantatos, 2015.
"On the Economics of Labels: How Their Introduction Affects the Functioning of Markets and the Welfare of All Participants,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(1), pages 239-259.
- Bonroy, O. & Constantatos, C., 2014. "On the economics of labels : how their introduction affects the functioning of markets and the welfare of all participants," Working Papers 2014-03, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Olivier Bonroy & Christos Constantatos, 2015. "On the economics of labels: how their introduction affects the functioning of markets and the welfare of all participants," Post-Print hal-01340827, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsComparative statics; log-concavity; minimum quality standards; quality certification; vertical product differentiation;
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:13048. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiasus.html .