Migration and Increasing Wage Inequality: Can Imperfect Competition Explain the Link?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Manas, Arnaud, 2012. "The Laplace illusion," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(15), pages 3963-3970.
- Devroye, Luc, 1990. "A note on linnik's distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 305-306, April.
- V. Lekshmi & K. Jose, 2004. "An autoregressive process with geometric α-laplace marginals," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 337-350, July.
- Anderson, Dale N., 1992. "A multivariate Linnik distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 333-336, July.
- repec:nys:sunysb:93-02 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kotz, Samuel & Ostrovskii, I. V., 1996. "A mixture representation of the Linnik distribution," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 61-64, January.
- Dexter Cahoy, 2012. "An estimation procedure for the Linnik distribution," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 617-628, August.
- Pakes, Anthony G., 1998. "Mixture representations for symmetric generalized Linnik laws," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 213-221, March.
- Kozubowski, Tomasz J. & Rachev, Svetlozar T., 1994. "The theory of geometric stable distributions and its use in modeling financial data," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 310-324, April.
- Jose, K.K. & Tomy, Lishamol & Sreekumar, J., 2008. "Autoregressive processes with normal-Laplace marginals," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(15), pages 2456-2462, October.
More about this item
KeywordsIncome inequality; local labour markets; business diversification; international migration;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J40 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - General
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2013-10-11 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2013-10-11 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MIG-2013-10-11 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2013-10-11 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:ratioi:0219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martin Korpi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ratiose.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .