Les impacts de la RSE sur les systèmes de contrôle
This paper is concerned with consequences of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) on management control design. These consequences are analysed through the model of levers of control developed by Robert Simon. CSR has increased the level of information overload due to the proliferation of data. The paper analyses the consequences on management control systems (MCS) of this information overload. It makes four proposals related to 1/the inadequacy of CSR management control system as an interactive system, 2/ the substitutability of the diagnostic control to interactive control to face the information overload, 3/ the specialisation of measures on each organisational level to implement interactivity and 4/ the focus for interactive discussion on information commonly used by different organisational levels.
|Date of creation:||01 Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Comptabilité-Contrôle-Audit, 2011, 17 (2), pp.59-88|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00637633|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2238 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bisbe, Josep & Otley, David, 2004. "The effects of the interactive use of management control systems on product innovation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 709-737, November.
- Abernethy, Margaret A. & Brownell, Peter, 1999. "The role of budgets in organizations facing strategic change: an exploratory study," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 189-204, April.
- Simons, Robert, 1990. "The role of management control systems in creating competitive advantage: New perspectives," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 127-143.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2866 is not listed on IDEAS
- Widener, Sally K., 2007. "An empirical analysis of the levers of control framework," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(7-8), pages 757-788.
- Simons, Robert, 1987. "Accounting control systems and business strategy: An empirical analysis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 357-374, June.
- Charles S Osborn, 1998. "Systems for Sustainable Organizations: Emergent Strategies, Interactive Controls and Semi-formal Information," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 481-509, 07.
- Langfield-Smith, Kim, 1997. "Management control systems and strategy: A critical review," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 207-232, February.
- Henri, Jean-François & Journeault, Marc, 2010. "Eco-control: The influence of management control systems on environmental and economic performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 63-80, January.
- Françoise Quairel, 2006. "Contrôle de la performance globale et responsabilité sociale de l'entreprise (RSE)," Post-Print halshs-00548050, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00637633. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.