Incorporating Stakeholder Knowledge into a Complex Stock Assessment Model: The Case of Eel Recruitment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pita, Cristina & Pierce, Graham J. & Theodossiou, Ioannis, 2010. "Stakeholders' participation in the fisheries management decision-making process: Fishers' perceptions of participation," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1093-1102, September.
- Glenn, Helen & Tingley, Diana & Sánchez Maroño, Sonia & Holm, Dennis & Kell, Laurence & Padda, Gurpreet & Runar Edvardsson, Ingi & Asmundsson, Johann & Conides, Alexis & Kapiris, Kostas & Bezabih, Min, 2012. "Trust in the fisheries scientific community," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 54-72, January.
- Röckmann, Christine & Ulrich, Clara & Dreyer, Marion & Bell, Ewen & Borodzicz, Edward & Haapasaari, Päivi & Hauge, Kjellrun Hiis & Howell, Daniel & Mäntyniemi, Samu & Miller, David & Tserpes, George &, 2012. "The added value of participatory modelling in fisheries management – what has been learnt?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1072-1085.
- de Vos, Birgit I. & van Tatenhove, Jan P.M., 2011. "Trust relationships between fishers and government: New challenges for the co-management arrangements in the Dutch flatfish industry," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 218-225, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Röckmann, Christine & van Leeuwen, Judith & Goldsborough, David & Kraan, Marloes & Piet, Gerjan, 2015. "The interaction triangle as a tool for understanding stakeholder interactions in marine ecosystem based management," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 155-162.
- Thomas, Alyssa S. & Milfont, Taciano L. & Gavin, Michael C., 2015. "What determines fishers’ knowledge of and attitudes towards regulations? A case study from the Marlborough Sounds, New Zealand," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 547-554.
- Clay, Patricia M. & Kitts, Andrew & Pinto da Silva, Patricia, 2014. "Measuring the social and economic performance of catch share programs: Definition of metrics and application to the U.S. Northeast Region groundfish fishery," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 27-36.
- Yates, K.L., 2014. "View from the wheelhouse: Perceptions on marine management from the fishing community and suggestions for improvement," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 39-50.
- Omukuti, Jessica, 2020. "Challenging the obsession with local level institutions in country ownership of climate change adaptation," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C).
- Lucy Amigo-Dobaño & María Dolores Garza-Gil & Manuel M. Varela-Lafuente, 2020. "Analyzing the Attitudes of Spanish Firms towards Brexit’s Effects on the Management of European Fisheries," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(14), pages 1-17, July.
- Brenda Parlee & Henry Huntington & Fikret Berkes & Trevor Lantz & Leon Andrew & Joseph Tsannie & Cleo Reece & Corinne Porter & Vera Nicholson & Sharon Peter & Deb Simmons & Herman Michell & Melody Lep, 2021. "One-Size Does Not Fit All—A Networked Approach to Community-Based Monitoring in Large River Basins," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(13), pages 1-30, July.
- Tim S. Gray & Thomas L. Catchpole, 2021. "The Relation between Fisheries–Science Partnerships and Co-Management: A Case Study of EU Discards Survival Work," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(6), pages 1-19, March.
- Veiga, Pedro & Pita, Cristina & Rangel, Mafalda & Gonçalves, Jorge M.S. & Campos, Aida & Fernandes, Paul G. & Sala, Antonello & Virgili, Massimo & Lucchetti, Alessandro & Brčić, Jure & Villasante, Seb, 2016. "The EU landing obligation and European small-scale fisheries: What are the odds for success?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 64-71.
- Andrea Nightingale, 2013. "Fishing for Nature: The Politics of Subjectivity and Emotion in Scottish Inshore Fisheries Management," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 45(10), pages 2362-2378, October.
- Inês Pereira & Ualerson Iran Peixoto & Wendell Medeiros-Leal & Morgan Casal-Ribeiro & Régis Santos, 2022. "Multidimensional Indicators to Assess the Sustainability of Demersal Small-Scale Fishery in the Azores," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(24), pages 1-19, December.
- Mohammad Mojibul Hoque Mozumder & Md. Abdul Wahab & Simo Sarkki & Petra Schneider & Mohammad Mahmudul Islam, 2018. "Enhancing Social Resilience of the Coastal Fishing Communities: A Case Study of Hilsa ( Tenualosa Ilisha H.) Fishery in Bangladesh," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(10), pages 1-21, September.
- Magotra, Rohit & Pandey, Pushkar & Kumar, Mohit & Gupta, Mohit Kumar & Kaushik, Asha & Parikh, Jyoti, 2020. "Role of Marine National Park for Sustainable Livelihoods of Artisan Fisherfolk: A Case Study of MNP, Jamnagar," Ecology, Economy and Society - the INSEE Journal, Indian Society of Ecological Economics (INSEE), vol. 3(02), July.
- Hyder, Kieran & Townhill, Bryony & Anderson, Lucy G. & Delany, Jane & Pinnegar, John K., 2015. "Can citizen science contribute to the evidence-base that underpins marine policy?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 112-120.
- Quynh, Chi Nguyen Thi & Schilizzi, Steven & Hailu, Atakelty & Iftekhar, Sayed, 2018. "Fishers' Preference Heterogeneity and Trade-offs Between Design Options for More Effective Monitoring of Fisheries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 151(C), pages 22-33.
- Fromentin, Jean-Marc & Bonhommeau, Sylvain & Arrizabalaga, Haritz & Kell, Laurence T., 2014. "The spectre of uncertainty in management of exploited fish stocks: The illustrative case of Atlantic bluefin tuna," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 8-14.
- Santiago, Jose L. & Ballesteros, Marta A. & Chapela, Rosa & Silva, Cristina & Nielsen, Kåre N. & Rangel, Mafalda & Erzini, Karim & Wise, Laura & Campos, Aida & Borges, Maria F. & Sala, Antonello & Vir, 2015. "Is Europe ready for a results-based approach to fisheries management? The voice of stakeholders," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 86-97.
- Reilly, Kieran & O’Hagan, Anne Marie & Dalton, Gordon, 2015. "Attitudes and perceptions of fishermen on the island of Ireland towards the development of marine renewable energy projects," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 88-97.
- Eggert, Håkan & Kataria, Mitesh & Lampi, Elina, 2016. "Do you trust me? – Go Fish! A Study on Trust and Fisheries Management," Working Papers in Economics 675, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Leach, Adrian W. & Levontin, Polina & Holt, Johnson & Kell, Laurence T. & Mumford, John D., 2014. "Identification and prioritization of uncertainties for management of Eastern Atlantic bluefin tuna (Thunnus thynnus)," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 84-92.
More about this item
KeywordsAnguilla anguilla; complex model; participatory assessment; DISTATIS; Bayesian assessment model; GEREM;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENV-2021-05-10 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-03206805. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: CCSD (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.