Conséquences De L'Adoption Des Normes Internationales «Ifrs» Sur Le Coût D'Audit Financier
This study has as purpose to search, in a French context, the consequences of the adoption of international financial standards “IFRS” on mission and cost of statutory audit. In effect, the European Union requires on January 1st, 2005, the application of a common international accounting frame of reference for all EU listed companies. Inquiries and studies which were accomplished show that this operation was not easy, either without expense or for the concerned business company or for the statutory auditor. For a sample of 106 French firms of SBF 250 covering period 2002-2007, the results show an increase in audit fees the period of adoption of “IFRS”(2004 and 2005). For other determinants (size of the firm, level of debt, % of the capital detained by the reference stockholders, number of auditors Big and length of relation between auditor and audetee) all seem to have significant effect on the audit fees. In contrast, we find inherent risk and managerial ownership haven't significant effect.
|Date of creation:||10 May 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in Crises et nouvelles problématiques de la Valeur, May 2010, Nice, France. pp.CD-ROM, 2010|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00481517|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:hrv:faseco:30728046 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mehdi Nekhili & Wafa Masmoudi & Dhikra Chebbi Nehkili, 2009. "Choix de l’auditeur externe, honoraires d’audit et gouvernance des entreprises françaises," Working Papers CREGO 1090501, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1997.
" A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 737-783, June.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," NBER Working Papers 5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:bla:joares:v:32:y:1994:i:2:p:241-261 is not listed on IDEAS
- Santanu Mitra & Mahmud Hossain & Donald Deis, 2007. "The empirical relationship between ownership characteristics and audit fees," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 257-285, April.
- Niemi, Lasse, 2005. "Audit effort and fees under concentrated client ownership: Evidence from four international audit firms," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 303-323. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00481517. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.