Why Is Non-Economic Information Important to Carbon Disclosure?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew, Jane & Cortese, Corinne, 2011. "Accounting for climate change and the self-regulation of carbon disclosures," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 130-138.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bikki Jaggi & Alessandra Allini & Riccardo Macchioni & Annamaria Zampella, 2018. "Do investors find carbon information useful? Evidence from Italian firms," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 50(4), pages 1031-1056, May.
- Wang, Fangjun & Sun, Junqin & Liu, Yang Stephanie, 2019. "Institutional pressure, ultimate ownership, and corporate carbon reduction engagement: Evidence from China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 14-26.
- Axel Haller & Chris J. van Staden & Cristina Landis, 2018. "Value Added as part of Sustainability Reporting: Reporting on Distributional Fairness or Obfuscation?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 152(3), pages 763-781, October.
- Frederik Dahlmann & Layla Branicki & Stephen Brammer, 2019. "Managing Carbon Aspirations: The Influence of Corporate Climate Change Targets on Environmental Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 158(1), pages 1-24, August.
- Miley, Frances & Read, Andrew, 2021. "Soldiers don't go mad: Shell shock and accounting intransigence in the British Army 1914-18," The British Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(2).
- David Talbot & Olivier Boiral, 2018. "GHG Reporting and Impression Management: An Assessment of Sustainability Reports from the Energy Sector," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 147(2), pages 367-383, January.
- de Aguiar, Thereza Raquel Sales & Bebbington, Jan, 2014. "Disclosure on climate change: Analysing the UK ETS effects," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 227-240.
- Brown, Paul & Ly, Tuan & Pham, Hannah & Sivabalan, Prabhu, 2020. "Automation and management control in dynamic environments: Managing organisational flexibility and energy efficiency in service sectors," The British Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(2).
- Talbot, David & Boiral, Olivier, 2013. "Can we trust corporates GHG inventories? An investigation among Canada's large final emitters," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 1075-1085.
- Carmela Gulluscio & Pina Puntillo & Valerio Luciani & Donald Huisingh, 2020. "Climate Change Accounting and Reporting: A Systematic Literature Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(13), pages 1-31, July.
- Florence Depoers & Thomas Jeanjean & Tiphaine Jérôme, 2016. "Voluntary Disclosure of Greenhouse Gas Emissions: Contrasting the Carbon Disclosure Project and Corporate Reports," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 445-461, March.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Karaman, Abdullah S. & Kilic, Merve & Uyar, Ali, 2020. "Board attributes, CSR engagement, and corporate performance: What is the nexus in the energy sector?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 143(C).
- Michael Mintrom & Joannah Luetjens, 2017. "Policy entrepreneurs and problem framing: The case of climate change," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 35(8), pages 1362-1377, December.
- Franck Aggeri & Morgane Le Breton, 2016. "Que signifie être transparent ? La régulation de la transparence : la matérialisation d’un idéal en technologie de gouvernement," Post-Print hal-01901216, HAL.
- Haslam Colin & Hoinaru Razvan & Daniel Buda, 2019. "Accounting for the future: How will corporate business models deliver sustainability?," Proceedings of the International Conference on Business Excellence, Sciendo, vol. 13(1), pages 817-828, May.
- Andrew, Jane & Cortese, Corinne, 2013. "Free market environmentalism and the neoliberal project: The case of the Climate Disclosure Standards Board," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 397-409.
- Nor Bahiyah Omar & Azlan Amran, 2017. "Corporate Governance and Climate Change Reporting in Malaysia," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 7(12), pages 222-240, December.
- Gregory D. Saxton & Lina Gomez & Zed Ngoh & Yi-Pin Lin & Sarah Dietrich, 2019. "Do CSR Messages Resonate? Examining Public Reactions to Firms’ CSR Efforts on Social Media," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 155(2), pages 359-377, March.
More about this item
KeywordsGreenhouse Gases Emissions; Carbon Emissions Disclosure; Environmental Accountability; Non-Economic Information; Environmental Impact Assessment.;
All these keywords.
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2017-10-08 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2017-10-08 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2017-10-08 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2017-10-08 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gtr:gatrjs:afr115. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://gatrenterprise.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Prof. Dr. Abd Rahim Mohamad (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://gatrenterprise.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.