Structural asymmetries at the roots of the eurozone crisis: What's new for industrial policy in the EU?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alberto Botta, 2014. "Structural asymmetries at the roots of the eurozone crisis: what's new for industrial policy in the EU?," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 67(269), pages 169-216.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-1025, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," NBER Working Papers 5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," CEPR Discussion Papers 1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Francesco Saraceno, 2013.
"European economic governance: the Berlin–Washington Consensus,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 479-496.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Francesco Saraceno, 2012. "European economic governance the Berlin-Washington consensus," Working Papers hal-00973083, HAL.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Francesco Saraceno, 2012. "European economic governance the Berlin-Washington consensus," Sciences Po publications 2012-20, Sciences Po.
- Jean-Paul Fitoussi & Francesco Saraceno, 2012. "European economic governance: the Berlin-Washington consensus," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2012-20, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Klinger, Bailey & Lederman, Daniel, 2004. "Discovery and development : an empricial exploration of"new"products," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3450, The World Bank.
- Jean Imbs & Romain Wacziarg, 2003.
"Stages of Diversification,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 63-86, March.
- Imbs, Jean & Wacziarg, Romain, 2000. "Stages of Diversification," CEPR Discussion Papers 2642, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jean Imbs & Romain Wacziarg, 2003. "Stages of Diversification," Post-Print hal-00612598, HAL.
- Wacziarg, Romain & Imbs, Jean, 2000. "Stages of Diversification," Research Papers 1653, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Eckhard Hein & Achim Truger & Till van Treeck, 2011. "The European Financial and Economic Crisis: Alternative Solutions from a (Post-) Keynesian Perspective," IMK Working Paper 9-2011, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Neil Foster & Robert Stehrer & Marcel Timmer, 2013.
"International fragmentation of production, trade and growth: Impacts and prospects for EU member states,"
European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015
484, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Neil Foster-McGregor & Robert Stehrer & Marcel Timmer, 2013. "International Fragmentation of Production, Trade and Growth: Impacts and Prospects for EU Member States," wiiw Research Reports 387, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Stephen Kinsella, 2012. "Is Ireland really the role model for austerity?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 223-235.
- Simona Milio, 2007. "Can Administrative Capacity Explain Differences in Regional Performances? Evidence from Structural Funds Implementation in Southern Italy," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(4), pages 429-442.
- Backus, David K. & Kehoe, Patrick J. & Kehoe, Timothy J., 1992. "In search of scale effects in trade and growth," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 377-409, December.
- Paul De Grauwe, 2010. "The Financial Crisis and the Future of the Eurozone," Bruges European Economic Policy Briefings 21, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- Annamaria Simonazzi & Andrea Ginzburg & Gianluigi Nocella, 2013. "Economic relations between Germany and southern Europe," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 653-675.
- Sjef Ederveen & Henri L . F. Groot & Richard Nahuis, 2006.
"Fertile Soil for Structural Funds?A Panel Data Analysis of the Conditional Effectiveness of European Cohesion Policy,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 17-42, February.
- Sjef Ederveen & Henri de Groot & Richard Nahuis, 2002. "Fertile soil for structural funds? A panel data analysis of the conditional effectiveness of European cohesion policy," CPB Discussion Paper 10, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- S. Ederveen & H.L.F. de Groot & R. Nahuis, 2003. "Fertile Soil for Structural Funds? A panel data analysis of the conditional effectiveness of European cohesion policy," Working Papers 03-14, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Griffith-Jones, Stephany & Tyson, Judith, 2013. "The European Investment Bank: Lessons for Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 019, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jacques Pelkmans, 2006. "European Industrial Policy," Bruges European Economic Policy Briefings 15, European Economic Studies Department, College of Europe.
- M. Ricottilli, 1990. "Technical Progress and Structural Change in the Process of Economic Development," Working Papers 101, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Anthony P. Thirlwall, 2011.
"Balance of payments constrained growth models: history and overview,"
PSL Quarterly Review,
Economia civile, vol. 64(259), pages 307-351.
- A. P. Thirlwall, 2011. "Balance of Payments Constrained Growth Models: History and Overview," Studies in Economics 1111, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Beñat Bilbao-Osorio & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2004. "From R&D to Innovation and Economic Growth in the EU," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 434-455.
- Luis A. Rivera-Batiz & Paul M. Romer, 1991. "Economic Integration and Endogenous Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 531-555.
- Esteban Perez-Caldentey & Matias Vernengo, 2012. "The Euro Imbalances and Financial Deregulation: A Post-Keynesian Interpretation of the European Debt Crisis," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_702, Levy Economics Institute.
- Pablo D'Este & Frederick Guy & Simona Iammarino, 2013.
"Shaping the formation of university--industry research collaborations: what type of proximity does really matter?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 13(4), pages 537-558, July.
- Pablo D'Este & Frederick Guy & Simona Iammarino, 2011. "Shaping the formation of university-industry research collaborations: what type of proximity does really matter?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1106, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Mar 2011.
- Patrick Llerena & Andre' Lorentz, 2003.
"Cumulative Causation and Evolutionary Micro-Founded Technical Change: A Growth Model with Integrated Economies,"
LEM Papers Series
2003/05, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Patrick Llerena & André Lorentz, 2004. "Cumulative Causation and Evolutionary Micro-Founded Technical Change : A Growth Model with Integrated Economies," Working Papers of BETA 2004-08, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Mongelli, Francesco Paolo & De Grauwe, Paul, 2005.
"Endogeneities of optimum currency areas: what brings countries sharing a single currency closer together?,"
Working Paper Series
468, European Central Bank.
- Paul de Grauwe & Francesco Paolo Mongelli, 2005. "Endogeneities of Optimum Currency Areas: What brings Countries Sharing a Single Currency Closer together?," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 29, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
- Robert Huggins & Andrew Johnston, 2009. "The Economic and Innovation Contribution of Universities: A Regional Perspective," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 27(6), pages 1088-1106, December.
- Jorg Bibow, 2012. "The Euro Debt Crisis and Germany's Euro Trilemma," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_721, Levy Economics Institute.
- Patrick Llerena & André Lorentz, 2004. "Cumulative Causation and Evolutionary Micro-Founded Technical Change. On the Determinants of Growth rate Differences," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 55(6), pages 1191-1214.
- Lee, Jong-Wha, 1995. "Capital goods imports and long-run growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 91-110, October.
- Riccardo Fiorentini & Guido Montani, 2013. "Beyond Austerity A European Recovery Policy Is Feasible," Working Papers 06/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Fulvio Castellacci, 2007.
"Evolutionary And New Growth Theories. Are They Converging?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(3), pages 585-627, July.
- Castellacci, Fulvio, 2006. "Evolutionary and new growth theories: are they converging?," MPRA Paper 27602, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert Huggins & Andrew Johnston, 2009. "The economic and innovation contribution of universities: a regional perspective," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 27(6), pages 1088-1106, December.
- Alberto Botta, 2013. "Fiscal policy, Eurobonds, and economic recovery: heterodox policy recipes against financial instability and sovereign debt crisis," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 417-442.
- Filippetti, Andrea & Archibugi, Daniele, 2011. "Innovation in times of crisis: National Systems of Innovation, structure, and demand," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 179-192, March.
- Stephen Kinsella, 2014. "Post-bailout Ireland as the Poster Child for Austerity," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 15(2), pages 20-25, April.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi, 2000. "The "flying geese" model of Asian economic development: origin, theoretical extensions, and regional policy implications," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 375-401.
- Dosi, Giovanni & Llerena, Patrick & Labini, Mauro Sylos, 2006. "The relationships between science, technologies and their industrial exploitation: An illustration through the myths and realities of the so-called `European Paradox'," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1450-1464, December.
- Clara Capelli & Gianni Vaggi, 2013. "A better indicator of standards of living: The Gross National Disposable Income," DEM Working Papers Series 062, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Dierk Herzer & Nowak-Lehnmann Felicitas, 2006. "What does export diversification do for growth? An econometric analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(15), pages 1825-1838.
- Alberto Botta, 2014. "Conflicting claims in the eurozone? Austerity's myopia and the need for a European Federal Union in a post-Keynesian eurozone centerâ€“periphery model," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 2(1), pages 45-70, January.
- Sebastian Dullien & Ulrich Fritsche, 2009. "How bad is divergence in the euro zone? Lessons from the United States and Germany," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 431-457, April.
- Daria Ciriaci & Sandro Montresor & Daniela Palma, 2013. "Do KIBS make manufacturing more innovative? An empirical investigation for four European countries," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2013-04, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:taf:fosoec:v:46:y:2017:i:3:p:311-314 is not listed on IDEAS
- Botta, Alberto & Tippet, Ben & Onaran, Özlem, 2018. "Divergence between the core and the periphery and secular stagnation in the Eurozone," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 20405, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Servaas Storm & C.W.M. Naastepad, 2015. "NAIRU economics and the Eurozone crisis," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(6), pages 843-877, November.
- Carlo D'Ippoliti, 2014. "Introduction: continuing the debate on Islamic finance," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 67(269), pages 127-129.
- Carlo Panico, Francesco Purificato, Elvira Sapienza, 2015. "Benefici, problemi e prospettive dell’integrazione monetaria in Europa (Benefits, issues and future of monetary integration in Europe)," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 68(271), pages 305-339.
- Engelbert Stockhammer & Collin Constantine & Severin Reissl, 2016. "Explaining the Euro crisis: Current account imbalances, credit booms and economic policy in different economic paradigms," Working Papers PKWP1617, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Wagener, Hans-Jürgen & Eger, Thomas, 2014. "Interne vs. externe Abwertung: Außenwirtschaftliches Ungleichgewicht im Eurosystem," Beiträge zur Jahrestagung 2014 (Goettingen) 107398, Verein für Socialpolitik, Ausschuss für Wirtschaftssysteme und Institutionenökonomik.
- Eckhard Hein & Daniel Detzer, 2015. "Post-Keynesian Alternative Policies to Curb Macroeconomic Imbalances in the Euro Area," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 62(2), pages 217-236, June.
- Giulio Guarini, 2016. "Macroeconomic and Technological Dynamics: a Structuralist-Keynesian Cumulative Growth Model," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 69(276), pages 49-75.
More about this item
KeywordsCenter–Periphery Structural Symmetries; EU Industrial Policy;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- O25 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Industrial Policy
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gpe:wpaper:14453. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nadine Edwards). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pegreuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.