Reexamination of Dynamic Efficiency with Taxation on Land
This paper examines the possibility of overaccumulation of capital in an overlapping generations economy with land. With zero population growth rate, the steady state equilibrium is dynamically efficient. Imposition of property tax on land, however, distorts the arbitrage condition and can generate dynamic inefficiency, whereas a tax on rental incomes or capital gains preserves dynamic efficiency. Even with a positive growth rate in population, property tax can still generate dynamic inefficiency.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA IRVINE, SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, IRVINECALIFORNIA 91717 U.S.A.|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Changyong Rhee, 1991. "Dynamic Inefficiency in an Economy with Land," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(4), pages 791-797.
- Kim, Kyung-Soo & Lee, Jaewoo, 1997.
"Reexamination of dynamic efficiency with taxation on land,"
Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 169-175, December.
- Kim, K-S. & Lee, J., 1996. "Reexamination of Dynamic Efficiency with Taxation on Land," Papers 96-97-03, California Irvine - School of Social Sciences.
- Stefan Homburg, 1991. "Interest and Growth in an Economy with Land," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 24(2), pages 450-459, May.
- Nichols, Donald A, 1970. "Land and Economic Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 332-340, June.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Stanley Fischer, 1989. "Lectures on Macroeconomics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262022834.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1977. "The Surprising Incidence of a Tax on Pure Rent: A New Answer to an Old Question," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(2), pages 349-360, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:calirv:96-97-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.