Liberalisation, Incentives and Vietnamese Agricultural Growth
This paper uses adynamic model to analyse the effects of liberalisation on the long-run output and transitional growth of the Vietnamese rice sector during the period of reform from 1981 to the present. In particular, the paper attempts to allow for the incentive effects which can result if liberalisation induces individuals to work harder and use land more efficiently.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS, RESEARCH SCHOOL of PACIFIC STUDIES, RESEARCH SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES, G.P.O. 4, CANBERRA ACT 2601 AUSTRALIA..O. BOX 4 CANBERRA 2601 AUSTRALIA.|
Web page: http://economics.anu.edu.au/economics.htm
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro & Paul Romer, 1993.
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number barr93-1, September.
- David Cass, 1965. "Optimum Growth in an Aggregative Model of Capital Accumulation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(3), pages 233-240.
- Richard Baldwin, 1989.
"Measureable Dynamic Gains from Trade,"
NBER Working Papers
3147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Swan, Trevor W, 2002. "Economic Growth," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 78(243), pages 375-80, December.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S71-102, October.
- McMillan, John & Whalley, John & Zhu, Lijing, 1989. "The Impact of China's Economic Reforms on Agricultural Productivity Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 781-807, August.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
- Shoichi Ito & E. Wesley F. Peterson & Warren R. Grant, 1989. "Rice in Asia: Is It Becoming an Inferior Good?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(1), pages 32-42.
- Robert M. Solow, 1956. "A Contribution to the Theory of Economic Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(1), pages 65-94.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:aunaec:351. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.