Does cash crop adoption detract from childcare provision?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Paolisso, Michael J. & Hallman, Kelly & Haddad, Lawrence James & Regmi, Shibesh, 2001. "Does cash crop adoption detract from childcare provision?," FCND discussion papers 109, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
References listed on IDEAS
- Ayal Kimhi & Myoung-jae Lee, 1996. "Off-Farm Work Decisions of Farm Couples: Estimating Structural Simultaneous Equations with Ordered Categorical Dependent Variables," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 687-698.
- Ruel, Marie T. & Levin, Carol E. & Armar-Klemesu, Margaret & Maxwell, Daniel & Morris, Saul S., 1999. "Good Care Practices Can Mitigate the Negative Effects of Poverty and Low Maternal Schooling on Children's Nutritional Status: Evidence from Accra," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 1993-2009, November.
- John L. Newman & Paul J. Gertler, 1994.
"Family Productivity, Labor Supply, and Welfare in a Low Income Country,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(4), pages 989-1026.
- Newman, J.L. & Gertler, P.J., 1995. "Family Productivity, Labor Supply, and Welfare in a Low Income Country," Papers 95-05, RAND - Reprint Series.
- Engle, Patrice L. & Menon, Purnima & Haddad, Lawrence, 1999. "Care and Nutrition: Concepts and Measurement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1309-1337, August.
- Haddad, Lawrence, 1999. "The income earned by women: impacts on welfare outcomes," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 20(2), March.
- Baksh, Michael & Neumann, Charlotte G. & Paolisso, Michael & Trostle, Richard M. & Jansen, A. A. J., 1994. "The influence of reproductive status on rural Kenyan women's time use," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 345-354, August.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel, 1993.
"Labor market opportunities and intrafamily time allocation in rural households in South Asia,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 277-310, April.
- Skoufias, E., 1989. "Labor Market Opportunities And Interafamily Time Allocation In Rural Households In South Asia," Papers 3-90-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Haddad, Lawrence, 1999. "The income earned by women: impacts on welfare outcomes," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 135-141, March.
- Bouis, Howarth E., 1994. "Agricultural technology and food policy to combat iron deficiency in developing countries," FCND discussion papers 1, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Udry, Christopher & Hoddinott, John & Alderman, Harold & Haddad, Lawrence, 1995. "Gender differentials in farm productivity: implications for household efficiency and agricultural policy," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 407-423, October.
- Awudu Abdulai & Christopher L. Delgado, 1999. "Determinants of Nonfarm Earnings of Farm-Based Husbands and Wives in Northern Ghana," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(1), pages 117-130.
- Jacoby, H.G., 1990. "Shadow Wages And Peasant Family Labor Supply; An Econometric Application To The Peruvian Sierra," Papers 73, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- von Braun, Joachim & Webb, Patrick J R, 1989. "The Impact of New Crop Technology on the Agricultural Division of Labor in a West African Setting," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(3), pages 513-534, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Diaz-Bonilla, Eugenio & Robinson, Sherman & Thomas, Marcelle, 2002. "On boxes, contents, and users," TMD discussion papers 82, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & McClafferty, Bonnie, 2006. "Using gender research in development: food security in practice," Food security in practice technical guide series 2, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsChild care. ; Malnutrition Nepal. ; Children Nutrition. ; Cash crops Nepal. ;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:fcndbr:109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .