The effect of self-reported transitory income shocks on household spending
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Carroll, Christopher D., 2009.
"Precautionary saving and the marginal propensity to consume out of permanent income,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(6), pages 780-790, September.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 2001. "Precautionary Saving and the Marginal Propensity to Consume out of Permanent Income," NBER Working Papers 8233, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christopher D Carroll, 2001. "Precautionary Saving and the Marginal Propensity To Consume Out of Permanent Income," Economics Working Paper Archive 445, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics, revised Aug 2009.
- Carroll, Christopher D., 2009. "Precautionary saving and the marginal propensity to consume out of permanent income," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/16, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Eric French & David Benson, 2012. "Consumption and the Great Recession," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q I, pages 1-16.
- Richard Blundell & Hamish Low & Ian Preston, 2013.
"Decomposing changes in income risk using consumption data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 4(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Richard Blundell & Hamish Low & Ian Preston, 2008. "Decomposing changes in income risk using consumption data," IFS Working Papers W08/13, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, Richard & Low, Hamish & Preston, Ian, 2011. "Decomposing Changes in Income Risk Using Consumption Data," IZA Discussion Papers 6125, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jason DeBacker & Bradley Heim & Vasia Panousi & Ivan Vidangos, 2011. "Rising inequality: transitory or permanent? New evidence from a U.S. panel of household income 1987-2006," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2011-60, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claudia R. Sahm & Matthew D. Shapiro & Joel Slemrod, 2015.
"Balance-Sheet Households and Fiscal Stimulus: Lessons from the Payroll Tax Cut and Its Expiration,"
NBER Working Papers
21220, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sahm, Claudia R. & Shapiro, Matthew D. & Slemrod, Joel B., 2015. "Balance-Sheet Households and Fiscal Stimulus: Lessons from the Payroll Tax Cut and Its Expiration," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mariacristina De Nardi, 2015. "Quantitative Models of Wealth Inequality: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 21106, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:red:issued:16-340 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Giulio Fella, 2017.
"Saving and Wealth Inequality,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 26, pages 280-300, October.
- Mariacristina De Nardi, 2016. "Savings and Wealth Unequality," Annual Meeting Plenary 2016-2, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- De Nardi, Mariacristina & Fella, Giulio, 2017. "Saving and Wealth Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 11746, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Giulio Fella, 2017. "Saving and Wealth Inequality," Working Papers 823, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Merike Kukk & Dmitry Kulikov & Karsten Staehr, 2016. "Estimating Consumption Responses to Income Shocks of Different Persistence Using Self-Reported Income Measures," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 62(2), pages 311-333, June.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-20 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2012-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Franz Osorio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .