Social Carrying Capacity of Mass Tourist Sites: Theoretical and Practical Issues about its Measurement
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael McAleer & Riaz Shareef & Bernardo da Veiga, 2005. "Risk Management of Daily Tourist Tax Revenues for the Maldives," Working Papers 2005.137, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
KeywordsSustainable tourism development; Tourism carrying capacity; Social carrying capacity; Maximisation criterion; Majority voting rule; Overcrowding; Mass tourist site;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
- Q26 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Recreational Aspects of Natural Resources
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2005.144. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .