Contribution sur la valeur ajoutée : emplois à tout prix ?
In the context of a still high unemployment rate, the recurring debate around the Social security deficits calls for an enlargement of the way growing needs could be financed. A solution that has recently been contemplated would lie in the introduction of a new contribution on the value-added that would be balanced by a reduction of social security taxes. The aim of this paper is to put this proposal under scrutiny and to assess its feasibility. We first estimate factors demand and use the elasticity of substitution between labor and capital to calibrate macrosimulations on the French economy. The results indicate that the reform would be favourable to employment. We then focus on transfers between capitalistic and labor-intensive firms and show that it would not be particularly damaging for export firms. JEL Codes: H22, I18, E60, J20.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 69, quai d'Orsay - 75007 PARIS|
Phone: 01 44 18 54 00
Fax: 01 45 56 06 15
Web page: http://www.ofce.sciences-po.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Neil R. Ericsson & James G. MacKinnon, 2002.
"Distributions of error correction tests for cointegration,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(2), pages 285-318, 06.
- Neil R. Ericsson & James G. MacKinnon, 1999. "Distributions of error correction tests for cointegration," International Finance Discussion Papers 655, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Neil R. Ericsson & James G. MacKinnon, 2000. "Distributions of Error Correction Tests for Cointegration," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0561, Econometric Society.
- Eric Heyer & Xavier Timbeau, 2001.
"35 heures : où en sommes-nous ?,"
- Éric Heyer & Xavier Timbeau, 2000.
"35 heures : réduction réduite,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Programme National Persée, vol. 74(1), pages 53-95.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/1043 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/1646 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fce:doctra:0621. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Francesco Saraceno)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.