Fairness and Squareness: Fair Decision Making Rules in the EU Council?
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Di Giannatale, Paolo & Passarelli, Francesco, 2013.
"Voting chances instead of voting weights,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 164-173.
- Paolo Di Giannatale, Francesco Passarelli, 2011. "Voting Chances Instead of Voting Weights," ISLA Working Papers 40, ISLA, Centre for research on Latin American Studies and Transition Economies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Paolo Di Giannatale & Francesco Passarelli, 2012. "Voting chances instead of voting weights," LIUC Papers in Economics 261, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Di Giannatale, Paolo & Passarelli, Francesco, 2012. "Voting chances instead of voting weights," MPRA Paper 43059, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Matthias Weber, 2014. "Solving the Inverse Power Problem in Two-Tier Voting Settings," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-019/I, Tinbergen Institute.
- Frantisek Turnovec, 2011. "Quota Manipulation And Fair Voting Rules In Committees," EcoMod2011 3186, EcoMod.
- František Turnovec, 2012. "Quota Manipulation and Fair Voting Rules in Committees," Working Papers IES 2012/08, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Mar 2012.
- Matthias Weber, 2014. "Choosing Voting Systems behind the Veil of Ignorance: A Two-Tier Voting Experiment," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-042/I, Tinbergen Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsCouncil of Ministers; indirect voting power; Penrose-Banzhaf power index; Shapley-Shubik power index; square root rule; simple voting game;
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2009-01-10 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EEC-2009-01-10 (European Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2009-01-10 (Game Theory)
- NEP-POL-2009-01-10 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:wpaper:wp2009_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icunicz.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .