Get Pennies from Many or a Dollar from One? Multiple contracting in markets for technology
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gambardella, Alfonso & Giuri, Paola & Luzzi, Alessandra, 2007. "The market for patents in Europe," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1163-1183, October.
- Alfonso Gambardella, 2002. "'Successes' and 'Failures' in the Markets for Technology," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(1), pages 52-62, Spring.
- Arora, Ashish & Fosfuri, Andrea & Gambardella, Alfonso, 2001. "Specialized technology suppliers, international spillovers and investment: evidence from the chemical industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 31-54, June.
- Arora, Ashish, 1996. "Contracting for tacit knowledge: the provision of technical services in technology licensing contracts," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 233-256, August.
- Gambardella, Alfonso & Giarratana, Marco S., 2013. "General technological capabilities, product market fragmentation, and markets for technology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 315-325.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Novelli, Elena, 2015. "An examination of the antecedents and implications of patent scope," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 493-507.
- Seongkyoon Jeong & Sungki Lee & Yeonbae Kim, 2013. "Licensing versus selling in transactions for exploiting patented technological knowledge assets in the markets for technology," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 251-272, June.
- Lee, Jong-Seon & Park, Ji-Hoon & Bae, Zong-Tae, 2017. "The effects of licensing-in on innovative performance in different technological regimes," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 485-496.
- Tietze, Frank, 2008. "Technology market intermediaries to facilitate external technology exploitation: The case of IP auctions," Working Papers 55, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Federico Frattini & Mattia Bianchi & Simone Franzó, 2019. "Identifying Factors Influencing The Price Of Technology Licenses: A Framework Grounded In Negotiation Research," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 23(05), pages 1-34, June.
- Arora, Ashish & Gambardella, Alfonso, 2010. "The Market for Technology," Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, in: Bronwyn H. Hall & Nathan Rosenberg (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Innovation, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 0, pages 641-678, Elsevier.
- Ardito, Lorenzo & Petruzzelli, Antonio Messeni & Ghisetti, Claudia, 2019. "The impact of public research on the technological development of industry in the green energy field," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 25-35.
- Alfonso Gambardella, 2008. "Of Intellectual Property, Open Source and Innovation: Trends, and Some Opportunities for Italy," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 98(2), pages 57-83, March-Apr.
- Michael Fritsch & Viktor Slavtchev, 2007. "What determines the efficiency of regional innovation systems?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-006, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Fosfuri, Andrea & Arora, Ashish, 1999. "Exploring the internalization rationale for international investment: wholly owned subsidiary versus technology licensing in the worldwide chemical industry," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB 6430, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Matthias Krakel, 2005. "On the Benefits of Withholding Knowledge in Organizations," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 193-209.
- Alberto Galasso & Mark Schankerman, 2008. "Patent Thickets and the Market for Innovation: Evidence from Settlement of Patent Disputes," CEP Discussion Papers dp0889, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Rosendahl, Knut Einar, 2004.
"Cost-effective environmental policy: implications of induced technological change,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 1099-1121, November.
- Knut Einar Rosendahl, 2002. "Cost-effective environmental policy: Implications of induced technological change," Discussion Papers 314, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Seongkyoon Jeong & Jong-Chan Kim & Jae Young Choi, 2015. "Technology convergence: What developmental stage are we in?," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 104(3), pages 841-871, September.
- Elif Bascavusoglu & Maria Pluvia Zuniga, 2005.
"The effects of intellectual property protection on international knowledge contracting,"
Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques
bla05009, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Elif Bascavusoglu & Maria Pluvia Zuniga, 2005. "The effects of intellectual property protection on international knowledge contracting," Post-Print halshs-00193398, HAL.
- Pedro Mendi, 2005.
"The Structure of Payments in Technology Transfer Contracts: Evidence from Spain,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 403-429, June.
- Pedro Mendi, 2003. "The Structure of Payments in Technology Transfer Contracts: Evidence from Spain," Faculty Working Papers 05/03, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Tommaso Minola & Davide Hahn & Lucio Cassia, 2021. "The relationship between origin and performance of innovative start-ups: the role of technological knowledge at founding," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 56(2), pages 553-569, February.
- Pedro Mendi & Rafael Moner-Colonques & José J. Sempere-Monerris, 2016. "Optimal know-how transfers in licensing contracts," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 121-139, June.
- Dequiedt, V. & Menière, Y. & Trommetter, M., 2007. "Collective management of intellectual property rights," Working Papers 200703, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Rafael Moner-Colonques & Jose J. Semperes-Monerris, 2012. "Liscensing Policies in North-South Technology Transfers," NCID Working Papers 12/2012, Navarra Center for International Development, University of Navarra.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eti:dpaper:14006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: TANIMOTO, Toko (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rietijp.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.