Intrinsic Inflation Persistence in a Developing Country
This study estimates degree of intrinsic inflation persistence in Pakistan using aggregate price index, group level price indices, and individual commodity prices. Monthly data from 1959 to 2011 is used for the analysis. [SBP WP no. 52].
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Souvik Gupta & Magnus Saxegaard, 2009. "Measures of Underlying Inflation in Sri Lanka," IMF Working Papers 09/167, International Monetary Fund.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995.
"Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Carlos Robalo Marques, 2005.
"Inflation persistence: facts or artefacts?,"
Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles,
Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Jordi Gali & Mark Gertler, 2000.
"Inflation Dynamics: A Structural Econometric Analysis,"
NBER Working Papers
7551, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gali, Jordi & Gertler, Mark, 1999. "Inflation dynamics: A structural econometric analysis," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 195-222, October.
- Jordi Galí & Mark Gertler, 1998. "Inflation dynamics: A structural econometric analysis," Economics Working Papers 341, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Batini, Nicoletta, 2002.
"Euro area inflation persistence,"
Working Paper Series
0201, European Central Bank.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, . "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bilke, Laurent, 2005. "Break in the mean and persistence of inflation: a sectoral analysis of French CPI," Working Paper Series 0463, European Central Bank.
- Khundrakpam, Jeevan K., 2008. "How Persistent is Indian Inflationary Process, Has it Changed?," MPRA Paper 50927, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bilke, L., 2005. "Break in the Mean and Persistence of Inflation: a Sectoral Analysis of French CPI," Working papers 122, Banque de France.
- Choudhary, M. Ali & Naeem, Saima & Faheem, Abdul & Hanif, Nadim & Pasha, Farooq, 2011. "Formal sector price discoveries: preliminary results from a developing country," MPRA Paper 32368, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:5040. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.