Learning How to Consume and Returns to Product Promotion
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Babutsidze, Zakaria, 2009. "Learning How to Consume and Returns to Product Promotion," MERIT Working Papers 018, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1993. "A Simple Theory of Advertising as a Good or Bad," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 941-964.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1978. "A Model of Advertising and Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(3), pages 485-503, June.
- Stegeman, Mark, 1991. "Advertising in Competitive Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 210-223, March.
- Arthur, W Brian, 1989. "Competing Technologies, Increasing Returns, and Lock-In by Historical Events," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 99(394), pages 116-131, March.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1986. "Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 796-821, August.
- Robin Cowan & William Cowan & G.M. Peter Swann, 2004.
"Waves in consumption with interdependence among consumers,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(1), pages 149-177, February.
- Cowan, Robin & Cowan, William & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Waves in Consumption with Interdependence among Consumers," Research Memorandum 007, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Weisbuch, Gérard & Battiston, Stefano, 2007. "From production networks to geographical economics," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 64(3-4), pages 448-469.
- Cowan, Robin & Cowan, William & Swann, Peter, 1997.
"A model of demand with interactions among consumers,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 711-732, October.
- Cowan, R. & Cowan, W. & Swann, P., 1996. "A Model of Demand with Interactions Among Consumers," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9609, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Philip R. Vande Kamp & Harry M. Kaiser, 2000.
"Optimal Temporal Policies in Fluid Milk Advertising,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 274-286.
- Vande Kamp, Philip R. & Kaiser, Harry M., 1998. "Optimal Temporal Policies in Fluid Milk Advertising," Research Bulletins 122676, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Jaume Ventura & Francesco Caselli, 2000.
"A Representative Consumer Theory of Distribution,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 909-926, September.
- Caselli, G & Ventura, J, 1996. "A Representative Consumer Theory of Distribution," Papers 534, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Caselli, F. & Ventura, J., 1996. "A Representative Consumer Theory of Distribution," Working papers 96-11, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Petr Mariel, 2005. "Nonparametric Estimation of the Effects of Advertising: The Case of Lydia Pinkham," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 649-674, March.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Riordan, Michael H, 1984. "Advertising as a Signal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 427-450, June.
- Alan P. Kirman, 1992. "Whom or What Does the Representative Individual Represent?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 117-136, Spring.
- Landes, Elisabeth M & Rosenfield, Andrew M, 1994. "The Durability of Advertising Revisited," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 263-276, September.
- Babutsidze, Zakaria & Cowan, Robin, 2008. "Habit Formation, Information Exchange and the Social Geography of Demand," MERIT Working Papers 047, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-754, July/Aug..
- Scheinkman, Jose A & Woodford, Michael, 1994. "Self-Organized Criticality and Economic Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 417-421, May.
- LeBlanc, Greg, 1998. "Informative Advertising Competition," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(1), pages 63-77, March.
- Ward, Scott, 1974. " Consumer Socialization," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(2), pages 1-14, Se.
- Cowan, Robin, 1991. "Tortoises and Hares: Choice among Technologies of Unknown Merit," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(407), pages 801-814, July.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumer skills; learning by consuming; consumer socialization; product promotion; returns to advertising Length 23 pages;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-07-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIC-2009-07-11 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-MKT-2009-07-11 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esi:evopap:2009-05. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christoph Mengs). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.