Teaching Nash Equilibrium and Dominance: A Classroom Experiment on the Beauty Contest
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Virtudes Alba-Fernández & Pablo Brañas-Garza & Francisca JimÃ©nez-JimÃ©nez & Javier Rodero-Cosano, 2006. "Teaching Nash Equilibrium and Dominance: A Classroom Experiment on the Beauty Contest," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 305-322, July.
- Virtudes Alba Fernández & Pablo Brañas Garza & Francisca Jiménez Jiménez & Javier Rodero Cosano, 2003. "Teaching Nash Equilibrium and Strategy Dominance: A Classroom Experiment on the Beauty Contest," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2003/47, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
References listed on IDEAS
- Duffy, John & Nagel, Rosemarie, 1997. "On the Robustness of Behaviour in Experimental "Beauty Contest" Games," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1684-1700, November.
- Shinichi Hirota & Shyam Sunder, 2002.
"Stock Market as a 'Beauty Contest': Investor Beliefs and Price Bubbles sans Dividend Anchors,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm2, Yale School of Management.
- Shinichi Hirota & Shyam NMI Sunder, 2002. "Stock Market as a 'Beauty Contest': Investor Beliefs and Price Bubbles sans Dividend Anchors," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm271, Yale School of Management.
- Brit Grosskopf & Rosemarie Nagel, 2007. "Rational reasoning or adaptive behavior? Evidence from two-person beauty contest games," Economics Working Papers 1068, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Virtudes Alba Fernández & Pablo Brañas-Garza & Francisca Jiménez Jiménez & Javier Rodero Cosano, 2004.
"Communication, coordination and competition in the beauty contest game: Eleven classroom experiments,"
04/-1, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Virtudes Alba-Fernández & Pablo Brañas-Garza & Francisca Jiménez-Jiménez & Javier Rodero-Cosano, 2004. "Communication, coordination and competition in the beauty contest game: Eleven classroom experiments," IESA Working Papers Series 0416, Institute for Social Syudies of Andalusia - Higher Council for Scientific Research.
More about this item
KeywordsClassroom Experiments; Beauty Contest Game; Teaching; Nash Equilibrium;
- A22 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Undergraduate
- C99 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Other
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HPE-2004-09-12 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esa:iesawp:0413. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luis Miguel Miller). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iesaaes.html .