The Dominance of Diversified Versus Specialized Firms Across Industries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Santalo, Juan & Becerra, Manuel, 2006. "The dominance of diversified versus specialized firms across industries," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 335-340, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yakov Amihud & Baruch Lev, 1981. "Risk Reduction as a Managerial Motive for Conglomerate Mergers," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 605-617, Autumn.
- David J. Teece, 2003.
"Towards an Economic Theory of the Multiproduct Firm,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 15, pages 419-446
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J., 1982. "Towards an economic theory of the multiproduct firm," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 39-63, March.
- Meyer, Margaret & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1992.
"Organizational Prospects, Influence Costs, and Ownership Changes,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 9-35, Spring.
- Meyer, Margaret A & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, Donald John, 1992. "Organizational Prospects, Influence Costs, and Ownership Changes," CEPR Discussion Papers 665, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Simi Kedia, 2002.
"Explaining the Diversification Discount,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1731-1762, August.
- José Manuel Campa & Simi Kedia, 1999. "Explaining the Diversification Discount," Working Papers 99-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Campa, Jose M. & Kedia, Simi, 2000. "Explaining the diversification discount," IESE Research Papers D/424, IESE Business School.
- Teece, David J., 1980. "Economies of scope and the scope of the enterprise," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 223-247, September.
- Hart, Oliver, 1995. "Firms, Contracts, and Financial Structure," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288817.
- George J. Stigler, 1951. "The Division of Labor is Limited by the Extent of the Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59, pages 185-185.
- John R. Graham & Michael L. Lemmon & Jack G. Wolf, 2002. "Does Corporate Diversification Destroy Value?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 695-720, April.
- Panzar, John C., 1989. "Technological determinants of firm and industry structure," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 3-59 Elsevier.
- Masten, Scott E, 1984. "The Organization of Production: Evidence from the Aerospace Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(2), pages 403-417, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- George, Rejie & Kabir, Rezaul, 2012. "Heterogeneity in business groups and the corporate diversification–firm performance relationship," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 412-420.
- repec:spr:jknowl:v:9:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s13132-015-0330-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Ma. BelÃ©n Lozano GarcÃa & Alberto de Miguel Hidalgo & Diana Monserrat RÃos RodrÃguez, 2013. "Responsible Diversification: Knowing Enough About Diversification To Do It Responsibly: Motives, Measures And Consequences," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 1(15), pages 1-19.
- Singh, Manohar & Nejadmalayeri, Ali & Mathur, Ike, 2007. "Performance impact of business group affiliation: An analysis of the diversification-performance link in a developing economy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 339-347, April.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-07-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2005-07-25 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ENT-2005-07-25 (Entrepreneurship)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:emp:wpaper:wp05-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amada Marcos). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeeiees.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.