No unbounded arbitrage, weak no market arbitrage and no arbitrage price system conditions: The circular results
Page and Wooders (1996) prove that the no-unbounded-arbitrage (NUBA) condition introduced by Page (1987) is equivalent to the existence of a no arbitrage price (NAPS) when no agent has non-null useless vectors. Al- louch, Le Van and Page (2002) show that their generalized NAPS condition is actually equivalent to the weak-no-market-arbitrage (WNMA) condition introduced by Hart (1974). They mention that this result implies the one given by Page andWooders (1996). In this note, we show that these results are actually circular.
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 33 1 34 25 60 63
Fax: 33 1 34 25 62 33
Web page: http://thema.u-cergy.fr
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hart, Oliver D., 1974. "On the existence of equilibrium in a securities model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 293-311, November.
- Page Jr., Frank H. & Wooders, Myrna Holtz, 1996. "A necessary and sufficient condition for the compactness of individually rational and feasible outcomes and the existence of an equilibrium," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 153-162, August.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong & Magnien, Francois, 1999.
"On the Different Notions of Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 169-193, July.
- Dana, R.-A. & Le Van, C. & Magnien, F., 1999. "On the Different Notions of Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 1999.34, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong & Magnien, François, 1996. "On the different notions of arbitrage and existence of equilibrium," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9616, CEPREMAP.
- Dana, Rose-Anne & Le Van, Cuong & Magnien, François, 1999. "On the Different Notions of Arbitrage and Existence of Equilibrium," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6228, Paris Dauphine University.
- Allouch, Nizar & Le Van, Cuong & Page, Frank Jr., 2002.
"The geometry of arbitrage and the existence of competitive equilibrium,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 373-391, December.
- Allouch, Nizar & Le Van, Cuong & Page, Jr. Frank H., 2001. "The geometry of arbitrage and the existence of competitive equilibrium," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 598, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Werner, Jan, 1987. "Arbitrage and the Existence of Competitive Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1403-18, November.
- Page, Frank Jr., 1987. "On equilibrium in Hart's securities exchange model," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 392-404, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ema:worpap:2008-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marion Oury)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Marion Oury to update the entry or send us the correct address
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.